About the Role
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Lockheed Martin team as an AWS Cloud-based Solutions Architect on a variety of Defence and Commercial programmes.
We’ll provide you with meaningful work and education opportunities that will allow you to develop your skills and enhance your career with us, but equally important you can also enjoy a strong work life balance. To ensure this we offer a flexible work schedule, hybrid work and a comprehensive benefits package to enable you to live a healthy fulfilling life in and outside of work.
Our 4Flex working fortnight is a particular favourite amongst the team, giving you every Friday off, to spend more time doing the things you enjoy.
In this role you will work alongside a team of engineers to develop innovative ways to utilise and exploit Cloud-based technology, and shape our future. You will help to ensure that Lockheed Martin remains competitive in providing bespoke solutions for our customers, advising on, and implementing secure architectures for our diverse needs, as well as defining strategy, and roadmaps for our future capabilities.
You will work directly with the business and our customers to clarify requirements, and suggest solutions based on best practice and other constraints such as policies, standards, and guidelines. You will act as a design authority and monitor solutions as they progress through their lifecycle.
This position involves a range of activities relating to Cloud Architecture, and while not exhaustive, the key skills and activities are:
- Convert requirements into appropriate architecture designs, documented in adherence to relevant standards.
- Contribute to architectural decisions to create scalable solutions for business problems.
- Identify and employ software modelling and development tools and techniques.
- Develop solutions in accordance with requirements and agreed design, with consideration for software quality and future maintenance.
- Provide estimates for work and contribute to the production of metrics to track progress.
- To investigate issues arising in the field or during testing and to provide solutions.
- Determine and maintain appropriate documentation for architectures such as User Guides, Design Documents, Configuration Management plans and Standards.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients across all levels of the organisation both internally and with the customer.
- To influence and encourage discussions about the future technology landscape, and potential initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners and suppliers.
- Support customer demonstrations of current change work as it is developed.
- Any additional programme related tasks assigned that are within area of expertise, competence and skill set.
- Offer technical mentorship to juniors.
- To provide leadership to developers through such behaviours as adherence to and promotion of appropriate standards, offering of technical support and guidance, encouraging a culture of continuous improvement.
- To periodically partake in external audits to ensure continued accreditation.
- To work with other LM project disciplines to ensure an integrated approach and programme costs and schedule targets are achieved.
- To evangelise Digital Transformation across RMS UK and to provide consultation and expert knowledge to programmes.
What’s in it for you?
- To be part of something challenging that gives you a chance to make a difference.
- Working with a supportive team who wants to see you thrive and grow.
- Keep up to date with advances, emerging technologies, and trends across all Enterprise Architecture domains.
- The opportunity to learn and master new skills.
- Corporate membership of Professional Bodies.
- Support in attainment of Professional Certification and Continued Education.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Required skills, qualifications, and experience
- Natural curiosity and imaginative problem-solving skill. You might be the person who is described as having ‘out of the box’ thinking.
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud computing and Cloud-specific patterns, with a track record of developing and designing cloud environments.
- Technical skills such covering some of the following:
- networking (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, CDN, and VPC),
- knowledge of a programming language (Java, Python, or C++ etc),
- data storage options,
- and DevOps tools.
- Soft skills to liaise with our stakeholders when requirements gathering and developing solutions.
- Capable of self-motivation and direction, able to work flexibly with minimal guidance.
- Confidence and ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences on sometimes complex issues.
- Proven technical leadership.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- A qualification such as the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Cloud Security Certification or equivalent.
- Experience of working using Agile development principles and methods.
- Proven experience in mentoring junior team members.
- Appropriate clearance.