Who you are
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Photographer to join Cult Beauty’s in house Photography Studio, in London Waterloo.The Photography Studio team are responsible for delivering industry-leading Beauty imagery, with a focus on shooting still life product photography.
We are looking for a talented Senior Photographer who can elevate and lead our Photography output. You will be a key member of the wider Creative team and will have the opportunity to shape how we shoot - and you will have the ability to take the lead onsetting up a new studio shoot space.
You are highly skilled at capturing beautiful imagery, and well-versed at delivering end to end shoots – including setting up technical lighting and composition - through to styling products yourself, and product retouching. Model photography and video experience are an advantage.
The role requires flexibility, organisation, communication and problem-solving skills, and above all the creative and technical ability and knowledge to lead a range of photographic shoots.
Previous management / mentoring experience is preferable, as you will be supporting and training the (second)
Photographer, sharing knowledge helping to develop their skills and expertise.
You will report to the Lead Creative and line-manage the (second) Photographer.
What you'll be doing
- Set up lighting, composition, colour accuracy, and exposure for each shoot to deliver photography (stills and animated gifs) of a high level, ensuring product is always showcased to its best.
- Ability to style / arrange product yourself, including product texture swatching.
- You will oversee the (second) Photographer in their development, ensuring the output of the team is consistently strong. You’ll be leading larger product Campaign shoots and supporting the (second) Photographer to develop and shoot bigger campaigns.
- Work with the Lead Creative to set photography standards and guidelines, support both the commercial and creative vision of Cult Beauty. Able to reach a balance between having a commercial focus and understanding of our customer with a passion for creating beautifully elevated industry-leading visuals.
- Take initiative to schedule in creative tests to innovate in our photography and experiment with new ideas.
- You will manage your daily workload and support the (second) Photographer to ensure there is always adequate cover to deliver priority shoots, working alongside the Studio Assistant to manage the shoot schedules.
- Able to follow, and also contribute to creative shoot briefs.
- Responsible for meeting deadlines and executing reactive / sometimes last-minute briefs.
- Ensuring all studio equipment is maintained and in a good working order - communicating equipment needs to the Creative Lead.
- Work with the wider team to optimise process and ensure efficiencies in the studio.
- Retouching of imagery where needed / setting up files to hand over to a retoucher – and managing this process.
- Ensure colour consistency between image and product and maintain file size specifications.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Photography and Creative team to create and maintain a positive and fun working environment.
- BA Hons in photography or equivalent.
- An exceptional portfolio in product photography across an array of clients / brands, ideally within Beauty.
- An excellent technical knowledge of lighting principles and ability to set this up.
- Strong product styling skills, including product texture swatching.
- Experience using DSLR cameras and studio lighting.
- Strong mentoring skills and willingness to share knowledge with your direct report and wider team.
- Excellent understanding of retouch process and file management processes.
- Strong knowledge of Capture One software and Adobe CS.
- Creative and imaginative, ability to interpret and contribute towards a creative brief.
- Exceptional eye for detail and passion for creating industry leading imagery, with a strong knowledge of contemporary photography, with an elevated taste level.
- A flexible attitude and willingness to try new things and innovate our photography.
- Ability to pull together equipment needs as we grow into a larger studio space, and lead on setting this up.
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude – you have the ability to push yourself and the wider team forward as we develop our Cult Beauty brand photography.
- Works well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills and highly collaborative working style.
- Proven experience retouching Still-Life photography.
Nice to haves
- Experience shooting with models.
- Ability to capture video and prepare files to be edited.
- Strong retouching skills.
What we offer in return
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Contributions
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Enchanced Paternity pay
- Hybrid working options
- Annual wellbeing day
- Excellent discount from the Cult Beauty website!