To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
We have an excellent opportunity within the RWE Supply & Trading's Commercial IT Embedded Team for a talented Developer to work alongside our Trading Desks.
The Solid Fuels Desks (Coal, Freight Trading and Freight Operations) operate in Swindon, London and Singapore and are dependent on Information Systems, Notably: Trade Capture, Logistics, Position & P&L applications which are supported and developed both In-house and by third parties.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, analytical individual. You will be working alongside Traders and Analysts and will gain a thorough understanding of a highly complex business area and the IT applications that are used to support it.
- Provide support to the Solid Fuels and Singapore Trading desks
- Prototyping / building new applications from Trader / Analyst requirements
- Support our Traders and Analysts on a range of applications including our new Market Data Platform (Dremio, Databricks, Tableau)
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunities (both functional/technical) through better use of standard functionality or innovative changes
- Co-ordination, prioritisation and undertaking of own tasks
- Strong interaction with Traders, must own problems to satisfactory & timely conclusion
- Collaborate and work with embedded colleagues in different offices / timezones
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies (in particular C#, ASP.NET) and Databases (Oracle, MS SQLServer, but also No-SQL technologies like MongoDB)
- Previous experience of developing and supporting front office applications
- A good understanding of the European and Asian energy markets.
- Knowledge of the trade life cycle process and experience of working in an Energy Trading environment.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the business processes of RWE Supply & Trading.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and flexibly.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, and be fully experienced at dealing with technical and business representatives at all levels.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to prioritise, work under pressure & use own initiative
- Related business or technical qualification at degree level.
Advantageous, but not a must
- Previous experience in Dremio, databricks, Tableau
- Experience in Azure Devops
- An understanding of OpenLink Endur, or alternative ETRM system
- Knowledge of Information Systems within either Commodity Trading or Financial derivatives markets
- What we value most is curiosity, ambition, resilience and authenticity. So, if you can display most of the skills above we would still like to hear from you!
Benefits you can rely on
- Dynamic and international team environment
- Opportunity to make a difference from the start
- Competitive salary and annual bonus payout
- Free parking, on-site gym and canteen
- Flexible benefits scheme