Your future plans
A permanent full-time role within the Trading IT arena at RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (RWEST). Could be located in either Essen (Germany), London (UK) or Swindon (UK), with some travel between sites required. Although the role is full-time, we do have some degree of flex with working times – we are happy to discuss this at the interview stage.
It’s an exciting time to join us! RWEST is implementing and further developing a Data & Analytics platform to make the sharing, searching, transforming and on-boarding of data simple and efficient. Data is fundamental to the company’s business model and will become an ever increasing asset in the future.
As part of an expanding multi-disciplinary team you will play a key role in the company wide initiative. We are developing a cloud-based platform and infrastructure using the latest tech, capable of cleaning, transforming and efficiently accessing data, running on-demand as well as scheduled models, and integrating with pre-existing technology.
The initiative is sponsored by the Board and is a key enabler for the company’s commercial strategy. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced individual to join us. Someone who will play a key role in shaping and building the platform as we scale it, influencing how it is built and the technical decisions we take. If this sounds appealing, then apply now!
As part of your role as an interdisciplinary AWS Cloud Expert, you will:
- Take ownership of architecting and implementing improvements to our data platform cloud environment
- Want to work in a supportive collaborative environment focused on delivering value to our users
- Be a specialist for AWS cloud native solutions, define / further improve tools, designs, and work with several vendors in the market
- Support a multi-disciplinary team of DevOps and Data Engineers, promoting knowledge sharing and upskilling
- Be a real technical problem solver, able to create awesome solutions for complex requirements with a hands-on attitude
- Specialise in continuous delivery and automation techniques for managing cloud-native Services using a wide range of technologies
- Keep up to date with new trends in cloud always looking to new solutions to solve complex problems
- Have a detailed understanding of our cloud infrastructure (and how it fits in to the wider organisation), codebases (including Infrastructure as Code), and support / availability requirements
Your powerful skills
- Several years proven experience in the mentioned technical skills
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- A degree in, or related to Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Experience as a Senior DevOps Engineer with versatile technical experience of cloud platforms, automation and continuous software delivery
- Hands on experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation etc.)
- Fundamental experience in CI / CD pipelines (Azure DevOps, GitLab or similar)
- Version Control: Git
- Deployment tools: Azure DevOps, AWS CodeDeploy or similar
- Hands on experience with IaaS and PaaS in Amazon Web Services, including S3, Lambda, EC2, KMS, IAM, CloudWatch
- Experience in development and scripting (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Good working experience with Linux and Windows server management and Active Directory integration
- Experience with logging and monitoring platforms (ELK, CloudWatch etc)
Advantageous, but not a must
- AWS Certifications to professional level, preferable
- Experience building and supporting robust and scalable big data platforms (Dremio, Databricks), preferable
- Knowledge of skills in Cloud security, preferable
What we value most is passion, willingness to learn and a determined and resilient work ethic. So, if you can display most of the skills above then we would like to hear from you.
Benefits you can rely on
Working alongside our traders and analysts on this initiative gives you the opportunity to shape the commercial business from an IT perspective! Right from the beginning you’ll be making a difference within your team and this will be supplemented by a variety of comprehensive on the job learning.
We are also able to offer you the following:
- Working in one of the most interesting business contexts; a mixture of energy supply, trading and of course IT!
- Working in an agile team on things which matter
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Open and diverse company culture