Main Purpose Of Job
This is a key role in driving the onshore wind and solar pv growth strategy for RWE Renewables (RWER) in the UK & Ireland . To perform this role you will require the skills, experience and confidence to form new strategic relationships with landowners, third parties and key stakeholders. The successful candidate will also need to drive and take responsibility and ownership of a series of highly important and complex activities and transactions.
The role forms part of the RWER Onshore Renewables Property and Origination team in the UK & Ireland, where we have a growing pipeline of projects under development. The Land & Origination Manager will work closely with the RWER Development Project Managers in negotiating and securing the necessary legal agreements for a variety of property related project transactions throughout the project development life.
More specifically this role includes:
- Legal Agreements – Leading the discussions and approach with internal and external property and legal teams to secure all necessary lands rights are acquired for projects in origination and within the existing portfolio.
- Development Portfolio management activities – Supporting the Development Project Managers in identifying new target projects for the RWER pipeline.
- Commercial Negotiations – Lead the commercial negotiations with landowners / land agents / consultants to secure the development / wider land rights for RWER projects in England and Wales.
- Managing internal relations - Building internal relationships across RWER. Working with existing internal and external team to deliver property requirements on RWER projects (wind and solar pv).
- Network building – Building the necessary networks of land agents, landowners, etc in England and Scotland to ensure RWER’s pipeline growth meets year on year targets.
Knowledge And Skills
- Qualification - Degree level in a relevant discipline and a member of (or working towards membership of) the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV)
- Development – Knowledge of the renewables development process within England and Scotland.
- Strong commercial acumen with the associated skills and knowledge to lead on negotiations and contractual arrangements.
- H&S Qualification - Awareness and commitment to a safe working environment. IOSH – Managing Safely or equivalent. .
- Resilience - Can motivate self and wider team in challenging circumstances for long periods of time. Can visualise the challenge of project development and manages to keep perspective.
- Stakeholder Management – Ideally possess an existing network of relevant contacts and confident when engaging with these.
- English and Scottish legal system – excellent knowledge of English and Scottish property law, including a good understanding of crofting and common grazing land rights.
- Land Use - Knowledge of land use systems/issues (Agricultural, Forestry and Commercial)
- UK renewable market - Demonstrable working knowledge of UK renewable market dynamics, current trends in land transaction activity and the wider competitive environment.
- Local Knowledge - Excellent knowledge of England and Scottish geography, politics, customs and current issues.
- Driving Licence.
- Ability to travel and for overnight stays.
- Team player.