To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
As HR Advisor you will have the opportunity to provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on all aspects of HR across the whole employee life cycle. You will work closely with the HR Business Partner responsible for diverse business areas with different needs and challenges, both within the commercial business and support functions. The HR Advisor will be required to establish and build strong relationships to optimise their effectiveness within the role and it is a great opportunity to build and use these to deliver tailormade, innovative solutions, be a champion of culture and foster a diverse and performance-driven environment for personal growth and team success, all whilst creating a balance between professionalism and remembering to have fun!
- Provide timely support and advice to employees and managers throughout the employee life cycle on a range of topics including; remuneration, employment benefits, absences, flexible working requests, contractual changes, and producing all relevant follow up contractual documentation.
- Provide guidance and support on Employee Relations and Case Management. Manage individual cases from start to finish with guidance from the HR Business Partners where necessary.
- Ensure an up to date knowledge of UK employment law is maintained and used effectively to guide managers in all employee relations matters.
- Continuous review of all HR policies and procedures to ensure they are aligned with relevant UK legislation and best practice, working collaboratively with the relevant stakeholders to make the required changes
- Provide support to the Global HR Management Team and Functional Managers with project activities such as the annual bonus and salary review process, department restructures, and TUPE transfers
- Ensure all documentation is maintained and filed appropriately, to support any audit work, together with transfer pricing and travel tracking requirements
- Occassional travel to other locations, including internationally, for team building events
- Previous work experience in a busy and varied HR Generalist or Advisor role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail and a passion for data accuracy
- Outside of the box thinking; Ability to think creatively, be innovative and proactively identify workable, practical solutions
- Self starter; Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced HR environment, with the ability to prioritise and organise work effectively
- Highly motivated, strong team player, flexible in approach to work, with demonstrable capacity for adapting to challenging and changing work and deadlines
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and HR information systems (SAP is preferred)
Advantageous, but not a must
- HR experience of working within a large, international business across global locations
What we value most is curiosity, ambition, resilience and authenticity. So, if you can’t display all of the skills above we would still like to hear from you!
Not only will you work with a strong team of HR Advisors, in the UK and across RWE Supply & Trading's global HR team but on a day to day basis you will work closely with other key partners including: UK payroll providers; Payroll and SAP experts and our specialist teams including the People Organisation & Development team, HR Marketing & Recruitment team and Reward functions. Externally you will also interface with Employment Lawyers and external suppliers including pension providers and flexible benefits providers. In our team you will be encouraged to drive change and will receive outpouring support and appreciation from the business for your hard work.