We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago, and we don’t intend on stopping. We may be facing the biggest challenge in our history, but we are confident that throughout the pandemic we have taken the right action to build back stronger and better – and we want you to play a part in that and #belongherewithus.
We have been named as Britain’s Most Admired Company of 2020 in the transport sector, retaining the leading position for a second year running. We support. We empower. We excite. And we do it our way. We’re uniquely different. We’re easyJet.
This particular vacancy sits within our easyJet holidays arm of the business within our Technology division. In 2019 we launched our brand new easyJet holidays business, combining handpicked hotels and best-in-class technology with easyJet’s flexible flights to provide hassle-free personalised holiday experiences under a trusted brand. We have all the right ingredients to build a successful business that is agile, innovative, energetic and will continue to disrupt the holidays market.
We’re an ambitious bunch and have big plans but we’re on the look out for some additional hands. All we need are the right people. People with energy and get-up-and-go, who want to create great experiences for our customers, help us spread the word and are up for a challenge. That’s where you come in – join us as a Senior Developer and help us build a world class team.
This is a really exciting opportunity allowing someone immerse themselves in a dynamic, fast paced environment as our Senior Developer for holidays. You will be responsible for the code level development and maintenance of the Enterprise Level IT solution, adhering to industry standards and best practice. The role works closely with the domain architecture, business analysts, developers and delivery managers to deliver new products and services to meet the needs of projects and programmes within the prioritised portfolio.
- Accountable for the development and support of new and existing solution to best practice and industry standards
- Accountable to prepare or support with designing and documenting technical solutions for functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborating with technical architecture and peers to identify and agree the technical standards, frameworks, tooling and patterns for the enterprise solution adhering to industry standards and best practice.
- Accountable to identify, mitigate or resolve technical risks within the solution, ensuring any risks or issues are clearly communicated and managed
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and perform technical code reviews ensuring consistency and conformity to agreed standards.
- Actively contribute during all agile ceremonies and the maturing of our dev-sec-ops capacities
- Provide technical leadership and support within the team, including mentoring, coaching and guiding more junior members of the team
- Keep up to date with knowledge of current software development trends and innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to EasyJet’s strategy.
Requirements of the Role
- Demonstrable experience in developing solutions using Microsoft .NET technologies including C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web Services, Web API, IIS and SQL Server
- HTML/CSS general front end skills
- Experience of tools such as GIT for source control and Team City for build and CI
- Experience of development in an Agile environment and adheres to the value and principles of agile software delivery
- Experience of testing at multiple levels, including Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience of developing solutions in a high transactional, high availability environment at enterprise scale
- Demonstrable experience of providing a level of technical leadership within development teams – both in solution design and technical implementation
- Evidence of being able to translate technical architecture into technical implementation
- Practical and in depth knowledge of code and database refactoring techniques
- Solid understanding of full SDLC
- Good understanding of network and infrastructure concepts
- Good understanding of synchronous and asynchronous messaging concepts
- Experience of using .NET Core
- Experience of Sitecore
- Experience of working with NServiceBus and MSMQ
- Experience of DevOps and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience of software-automation production systems (e.g. TeamCity)
- Experience of code deployment tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation)
Soft Skills Required:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to challenge other teams on approaches, estimates and assumptions
- Understands and respects team dynamics
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills. Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm and focussed under pressure.
- Personable, approachable, highly self-motivated and driven. Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior members of the team
- Able to influence and lead the development team to build the right solution