Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating its bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
We are looking to hire an IT Asset and Configuration Manager to take ownership of the IT Business Capabilities processes and maintenance activities related to our CMDB, Service Catalogue and IT Asset Management.
This role will play a key part in our developing IT Service Management organisation.
The IT Asset and Configuration Manager is accountable and responsible for defining and managing the IT Asset & Configuration Management policy, processes, governance and operating structure. They will also guide IT staff, ensuring integration with the other IT Service Management processes such as Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management as well as Vulnerability, Patching, and Information and Financial Asset Management.
This role will enable value delivery in a controlled manner of IT configuration items and assets, ensuring that up-to-date and verified information on the status of service assets and IT infrastructure is made available to other IT service management processes. In addition, this role working in partnership with Architecture, IT Operations and Service Management, defines and develops the organisation's IT Configuration Plan including setting up Configuration Management Database automation, the IT Asset database and associated processes, operating structures and controls.
- Accountable for the creation of the Configuration & Asset Management operation including strategy, policy, people, skills, process, data and tools from the current baseline to operationalising the full lifecycle through to Continuous Improvement.
- The creation, implementation and communication of Service Catalogue and configuration management plans, processes, and standards.
- The creation, implementation and communication of the service asset management lifecycle through policy, operating structure and standards.
- Agreeing assets to be uniquely identified with naming conventions and ensure that all IT personnel comply with identification standards for object types, environments, processes, lifecycles, documentation, versions, formats, baselines, releases and templates
- Proposing and agreeing interfaces with Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Vulnerability, Release, Patching and Financial Asset Management,
- Facilitating the design of the configuration management database structure in collaboration with Enterprise Architecture.
- In partnership with Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Vulnerability, Release, Patching and Financial Asset Management, plan and execute the population of the asset register, service catalogue and configuration management database
- Reviewing and governing the Asset, Service Catalogue and Configuration Management processes on a regular basis for efficiency and effectiveness ensuring any agreed changes to the processes are properly approved and communicated.
- Defining and implementing and reviewing IT quality assurance practices and procedures.
- The Asset & Configuration Manager will ensure changes do not have an adverse impact on services by enforcing configuration change compliance and will also ensure that an up-to-date asset inventory for all technology and software assets exists.
- Control and manage the configuration & asset management capabilities, perform change evaluation based on information received assessing quality of requests for change (RFC) to the Asset & CMDB for comprehensive accuracy and lead times.
- Coordinate all configuration management database changes which directly or indirectly impact non production environments or production services according to the agreed and published Change Control policy.
- Have a working knowledge of the end-to-end implications of configuration changes and communicate such implications as appropriate.
- Responsible for the configuration management policy and process and championing configuration management across the organisation
- Control the status of configuration and service items. Provide accurate configuration information to enable people to make decisions at the right time. Enforce strict access control of all items to ensure the integrity of all assets.
- To identify, control, record, report, audit and verify configuration items, including versions, baselines, constituent components, their attributes and relationships.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven experience in defining and implementing service catalogues, IT asset and configuration management practices in a multi cloud environment
- Ability to work in a matrix type organisation structure, supporting direct client value delivery whilst ensuring good relevant Service Management practices are applied
- Excellent communication and documentation writing skills
- Uses initiative with a positive can do attitude.
- Work pragmatically according to ITIL v4 processes and procedures.
- Relevant IT service management experience
- Experience and strong subject matter expertise with Configuration and Asset Management processes
- Specialised knowledge of defining, documenting and implementing Asset Management and Configuration Management processes for both hardware and software CIs.
- ITIL 3 or 4 certified
- Self-motivated and with a positive attitude. Adaptable and flexible to change in a global organisation.
- Experience with IT Service Management toolsets (e.g. Cherwell, Snow, iServer, Ivanti or Microsoft SCCM)
- Current experience of IT assets, service catalogue and CMDB models and methodology in a multi cloud environment