Ashurst is a leading progressive global law firm with a rich history, celebrating it's bicentenary in 2022. We are proud of our history and future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through our NewLaw division, Ashurst Advance, and our consulting arm. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing excellent standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Developing new software applications in partnership with other members of the development team, business analysts and technical architects
- Liaise with business users as required within the role, maintaining a high level of service within all aspects of the individual's work
- Work collaboratively as part of a team or individually to achieve business outcomes, maintaining constructive working relationships with IT peers
- Upgrading existing software as the organisation's needs change
- Testing software to ensure the code is correct, fixing errors where they occur, and rerunning and rechecking the program until it produces the correct results
- Provide 3rd level support to commercial, in house developed and n-tier applications
Essential skills and experience:
- Commercial experience in C# with a good level of knowledge in web development technologies including .NET MVC 5 as well as .NET Core and SQL
- A tertiary qualification in a software development subject or be able to demonstrate equivalent commercial experience.
- Effective team-working and interpersonal skills, experience of working alone or in a team, maintaining working relationships with colleagues and clients
- A good eye for detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Uses initiative - 'can do' approach and an appetite to learn
- Creating and updating technical documentation
Desired skills and experience:
- Familiarity with the structure of a modern enterprise development team including using a version control system, agile development practices and working with a formal test and QA team
- Experience in developing and maintaining websites and applications on the Azure platform
- Familiarity with DevOps practices as well as experience in streamlining deployments with continuous integration and continuous deployment and use of supporting tools e.g. Azure DevOps
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs