About the Role
Our mission is to ensure all Uber users have a seamless customer care experience, while also protecting Uber's reputation. To do this, we are building a new team called the Social Brand Reputation Team! They will sit under Global Community Operations on the Social Media Operations Response Team (SORT), but they will be closely tied to Global Marketing and Crisis Communications.
They are dedicated to social media focused on our reputation. This role will have two main objectives:
- Provide white-glove attention for viral and influencer posts on social media, working closely with cross-functional customer-care centric teams
- Work with Comms and Marketing to serve as the frontline team for issues surfacing on our social platforms
You should bring a passion for customer care, influencer management and crisis communications. You should be comfortable rolling up your sleeves with the details of individual customer care issues, focus on influencer/celebrity community, as well as feel comfortable managing critical issues-centric topics.
This role is a part of a distributed team so you will work with stakeholders across international offices, but most specifically in the US and EMEA.
This role requires a person who is a dynamic, fast thinker who can spot potential problems before they become a major brand risk. We are looking for someone who is always looking to improve efficiency and solve problems which arise in this high change environment.
What You'll Do
- Supervise our social media tool, Sprinklr, for influencer and viral posts and respond to customer care or negative posts about the brand
- Understand the spectrum of Uber customer care policies and processes
- Liaison with Marketing and Comms on replies to influencer and popular posts
- Bring a new perspective of Marketing/Comms to Uber's customer care world
- Manage key stakeholder conversations with senior level global leadership
- Lead various aspects of brand crises on social media, including social listening, reporting, responding, crafting in-feed posts, liasioning with policy, etc.
- Work with collaborators and varied policies across the world, but specifically in the UK and US
- Be on-call during nights and weekends as needed for major brand crises
- Minimum of two years of prior work experience, preferably in social media community management or related field
- Project management: proven experience of managing multiple projects end-to-end in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and flexible work environment
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Social Media or Public Relations
- Social Listening and Software Proficiency in Sprinklr & Brandwatch
- Understand intuitively what has the propensity to go viral and build brand crises
- Proficient stakeholder management skills
- Influencer management experience
- Previous experience managing Brands and Crisis in Social Media
- Strong communicator (both verbal and written); creative copy writing skills
- Customer-focus, empathy and eye for business to understand the customers' needs and generate engaging conversations in Social Media
- Problem solver - Desire to address sophisticated problems without hesitation
- Independent and proactive, self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a positive, proactive and upbeat approach to work
- Highly organized and able to multi-task, whilst maintaining clear and proactive flow of communication
- Clear Understanding of Engagement elements across the most popular social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, TikTok, Reddit, Youtube)
- Ability to de-escalate, shift and approach negative engagements to turn them into positive outcomes for our users
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We've grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.