Accenture is one of the world’s leading providers of sourcing and procurement services, we help our clients’ architect, build and operate high performance procurement organizations through our global and flexible solutions. At Accenture we partner with forward-thinking business leaders of the world’s most dynamic companies, to transform procurement and drive sustainable changes to their cost structures.
As one of the leading procurement Business Process Services specialists, Accenture excels at helping companies build the foundation for long-term growth. We are committed to delivering exceptional service through our exceptional people, and as an employee you’d enjoy a fulfilling career in an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Business Process Services and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
Business Process Services professionals work on projects across a range of business processes, business applications and information technology. They may provide technology services, such as application management, infrastructure management and systems integration, or they may deliver business process services, including finance and accounting, procurement and human resources. Depending on the role, Business Process Services professionals may be based at a client’s office or in one of Accenture’s 50 delivery centers around the world.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
Accenture is seeking a strong thought leader with strong strategic sourcing & negotiation skills for the role of Strategic Sourcing & Negotiation – Business Intelligence SMA - Corporate & Professional Services Practice.
This role would work across clients and will focus on strategic sourcing and complex negotiation activity across CPS Projects including but not limited to:
- Business Intelligence
- Experience of complex negotiations and experience in Credit data, AML, Fraud, decisioning systems and/or with Global Technology Vendors a MUST
- Experience of other CPS Categories (CWF, Recruitment, Consultancy) (Nice to Have)
- Develop and implement complex & client specific strategic sourcing and negotiation strategies
- Develop and maintain category-specific knowledge assets and market intelligence that capture expertise / best practices
- Infuse market insights into the sourcing process on projects within categories of expertise
- In collaboration with Sourcing Project Management and/or Procurement Practice Advisory, engage with customers’ senior management team members to provide perspective on current market trends to inform client strategic decisions/sourcing initiatives in line with business goals and objectives
- Leverage expertise to support new sales and drive significant client business value
- Establish, grow, and leverage network of suppliers, industry practitioners, and procurement professionals within categories of expertise
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and customer stakeholders to identify continuous cost and performance improvement strategies
- Provide educational and learning opportunities to internal colleagues and external clients (ex. Webinar, Spend Trends publications) on industry trends, supplier landscape changes, and market intel within categories of expertise
- Coach and develop sourcing project managers in their professional development and pursuit of building category knowledge within area of expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience of procurement/consulting or category-related industry or supplier experience
- Extensive experience in strategic sourcing & complex strategic negotiations
- Thorough understanding of the supplier landscape and interpretation of market trends within the identified categories listed above
- Demonstrated success with key clients / stakeholders
- Ability to develop and frequently refresh category market intelligence and insight tools to support internal sourcing teams and educate external client stakeholders
- Ability to apply insights to customer’s situation for meaningful impact
- Ability to influence and persuade senior level client stakeholders
- Effective coaching skills and ability to develop others
- Ability to adapt to the varied corporate cultures and organizational structures of our customers
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers via strong written and verbal communications skills
- Existing positive relationships within industries related to the identified categories listed above.
- Strong sourcing knowledge to be able to translate category to sourcing strategy
- Well-developed, solution-oriented selling skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to drive transformational change
- Solid multi-phase project management skills
- Strong ability to effectively manage in a matrix organizational structure working with multiple internal stakeholders
- Ambition to drive the category forwards, innovating internally and with ecosystem partners to drive incremental value for client
- Ability to effectively lead strategic sourcing efforts related to HR / CPS categories within the context of integrated Plan, Source, Make and Deliver supply chain processes.
- This position may require travel to client location
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!