About the Role
Commercial Project Manager, Warwick / Hybrid Working
As the Commercial Project Manager, you will lead on one of our developing Multi-Purpose Interconnector (MPI) projects for National Grid Ventures in the global power sector and provide thought leadership and advocacy of business value – always ensuring complementarity with corporate growth ambition in terms of investment scale, timescales and financial performance.
You will work in a matrix management developing one of our MPI projects. You will be responsible for; developing the business case, building and maintaining relationships with project partners and stakeholders. You will also be responsible for ensuring key project milestones are achieved through working with our Engineering, Consenting & Procurement functions to enable project delivery to Financial Investment Decision. All of these activities will enable bringing to life NGV’s position of being at the heart of the energy transition
Key activities you will be involved in
- Managing the relationship between NGV and project partners
- Leading and providing direction to a team of Regulatory, Consenting, Commercial and Development Engineers each of whom will have accountability for a project workstream
- Accountable for taking the project through National Grid investment governance stage gates
- Accountable for internal & external communications plans relevant to sectors / markets / regions or countries in conjunction with NGV strategic communications
- Developing and negotiating the principles of commercial agreements underpinning pursuit of new business
- Manage internal stakeholders and assure buy-in to propositions. Assure internal communication of ongoing progress through normal business management channel
- Working closely with Governments and Regulators (UK & partner)
- Relevant experience of delivering complex projects through the development phase, preferably in the energy sector
- Understanding of technical, commercial, regulator, market and relationship management aspects of business development in the power / energy sector
- Experience of leading on multi-disciplinary projects
- Must have a depth of experience working with;
- Strategic suppliers
- Investment or development partners
- Senior stakeholders in external organisations
- Regulatory authorities
- Government departments
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary of £50,000 - £70,000 – dependant on experience
- An annual performance bonus of up to 15% of your eligible earnings in the performance year
- 28 days plus eight statutory days
- The option to buy additional or sell holiday days
- Generous contributory pension scheme - we will double-match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%.
- Life insurance at 10 times basic salary
- Financial support to help cover the cost of professional membership subscriptions, course fees, books, exam fees and time off for study leave – so long as it’s relevant to your role.
- Access to flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
- Family care benefits including a back-up care service for when your usual care arrangements fall through (six paid days each year as standard with the option to purchase further days).
- Access to apps that support health, fitness and wellbeing.