We're on a mission to enable cleaner transportation for everyone, driving the way towards a lower-carbon future. We do this by designing and building solutions for charging electric vehicles at home, at work, and on-the-go.
With some of the most passionate and experienced minds on our side, we aim to make charging easy and accessible. Our award-winning services include charge points and a mobile app and charge card, that provide access to 275,000 charge points in over 33 countries.
WHAT YOU’LL BE IN CHARGE OF
- Take in requests and requirements from B2B customers regarding complex (electrical) installations following the first general intake from Sales, coordinate surveys (over the phone or on site) and if required working together with our local, in-country operations and partners
- Prepare conceptual designs for more complex installations based on local and European standards and the available products and propositions within Shell Recharge Solutions
- Generate different future-proof charging infrastructure concepts based on the analysis which has been performed on their electrification ambitions and their current infrastructure
- Support the sales team with visualization tools and graphical representations of project design options.
- Develop alternative design options based either on conventional stand-alone DC chargers or bespoke hardware tailored to client operational and/or site requirements.
- Assist the discussion with supporting Shell teams to facilitate the integration of different hardware and software requirements.
- Join on site visits (if and when necessary) to be able to create a good design that is the basis for an installation quote
THIS IS HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Engineer a design and preliminary bill of materials of the proposed charging solution to fulfill customer needs;
- Propose optimal design for local cabling and upgrades to local electrical installations & switch gear to accommodate the additional charging loads
- Acquire knowledgeable on the technical integration of energy generation & storage assets with EV charging devices and their control systems
- Are able to convincingly explain the choice of products and installation decisions to customers
- Provide support to monitor the performance of installation and service partners regarding site surveys and in the realization of the installation, based on the provided design;
- Provide technical support to the Depot & Energy Solutions team, Sales and Operations teams and project manager
- Assist in the development of the tools used in solution engineering by making feature suggestions based on the designs you create.
- Make process improvements on customer intake at Sales to make sure all necessary information is gathered and improve performance on next assignments
THIS IS WHO YOU ARE
Have experience of…
- solution engineering or consultative sales (minimum of 3 years) in an international B2B market (in the energy sector is a plus)
- analyzing complex technical design solutions
- managing relationships / partnerships with several different (outsourcing) companies;
- planning or managing electrical installation or industrial equipment.
- interactions with customers in a sales process
Be skilled at …
- (Industrial/electrical) Engineering or related field or related field (minimum BSc level)
- Reading and writing fluent business English and preferably other local languages in our main markets (DE, FR, NL)
- Working with different specialist IT or graphical tools and creating concise presentations
- Enthusiastic, creative, proactive and able to work independently
- Excellent in your communication with both commercial and technical people
- Fluent in business English and preferably other local languages in our main markets (DE, FR, NL)
Have knowledge of…
- Electrical Installations and Civil Engineering
- Building code and electrical (installation) standards & regulations in European markets
- Engineering and design concepts like Reliability-Availability-Maintainability-Safety (RAMS) or condition based maintenance (CBM)
- E-Mobility or EV charging (preferably)
BECOME PART OF THE CHANGE
Working at Shell Recharge Solutions means working in a fun, fast-growing international company with big ambitions.
By joining us, you will:
- Contribute to a more sustainable future and become an expert in e-mobility;
- Have the chance to build a career as your unique self with all the support we can give you to become the best version of yourself
- Help Shell achieve the target to become a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050
- Work in an open, transparent and inclusive culture with colleagues from all over the world;
- Receive a competitive salary that fits your experience + bonus;
- 5 (paid) volunteering days per year on a full time basis
- Receive a MacBook;
- Hybrid working model (50/50) with a working from home allowance
- Receive relocation support if needed
- Enjoy daily healthy lunches, prepared by our masterchefs;
- Develop your skills and expertise through several trainings. Besides this, you will receive a personal training budget and set your annual goals with your personal development plan;
- Enjoy our fun weekly (virtual) get-togethers (drinks), our annual winter and summer outing, Shell Recharge Solutions running team on the Dam tot Damloop, or any other event initiated by colleagues!