We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Payments Data Science & Analytics team, and make meaningful contributions to our mission to streamline and optimize Uber's payment experience.
You will craft the direction of Uber's payment experience by analyzing vast quantities of data to gather insights, identify opportunities, and ultimately prioritize product and engineering initiatives. In this role, you will work closely with senior leaders in Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Operations on fast paced, high-stakes problems. A deep analytical passion and the ability to complete key business priorities are a must for this role!
What the Candidate Will Do
- Analyze vast data assets to understand our payment experiences and find opportunities for improving the overall user experience.
- Monitor strategic important metrics and understand all underlying drivers in close partnership with product managers and engineering.
- Design experiments and analyze the impact of proposed and actual product changes.
- Collaborate with Product Management and business leadership in making product and business decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
- Collaborate with applied scientists and engineers to build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of our core and data products.
- Advanced SQL expertise and basic knowledge of Python
- Good understanding and experience in experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability in extracting insights from data, and summarizing findings / takeaways
- Experience with Python, Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
What the Candidate Will Need
- 3+ years previous experience in consumer facing data science
- Strong storytelling ability - able to build effective visualizations to communicate data to key decision-makers.
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to new methodologies for data collection and analysis.
- Ability to work in a self-guided manner and deliver on tight timelines and prioritize tasks while maintaining quality and detail.
- Superb communication and organization skills.
- Prior experience within the payments industry is strongly desirable.