About the Role
As a Sr Associate, you will be supporting Uber's Marketing function, being in a unique position with visibility into marketing programs to improve ROI. You will be driving our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts; with input on every single area of Marketing Finance. You'll also have the opportunity to turn business insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions to help Marketing organization perform more efficiently and at scale. So if you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - get in touch!
What You Will Do
- Business partnerships - work closely with Marketing teams to develop financial forecasts, provide insights as it relates to financial performance and improve ROI.
- Financial planning - support the monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-range planning processes.
- Work closely with accounting and marketing teams to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals.
- Reporting - report out on marketing expenses, as well as underlying drivers of performance for the Marketing org.
- Variance analysis - conduct monthly variance analyses, and identify risk, opportunities, and mitigation measures.
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to marketing initiatives.
- Financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models.
- Ad-hoc analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further mitigate risks.
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets.
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other relevant subject.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Outstanding analytical skills - standard methodologies are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive.
- Excellent communication and people skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people.
- Self-starter - you will take initiative, be dedicated, set and drive toward goals.
- Ability to prioritize - we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and has the ability to optimally multitask.
- Standout colleague - this is a highly collaborative and encouraging team environment.
- Experience with Excel/gsheets, SQL, and/or statistical software package.