We are searching for a highly experienced Data professional to set the vision through the strategic technical design and architecture of the Petcare-wide data & analytics platforms in all markets.
This is a senior role reporting in to the Global Petcare Senior Data Solutions Director and requiring close working with the following Data Solutions Teams: Data Engineering; Data Authority; Platform Data Science; R&D/Innovation and the Data Product Management Team. Outside of Data Solutions this role will need to successfully collaborate with multiple business stakeholders at all levels of the business, both technical and managerial.
Lead by example delivering the “Powered By Data” strategy across the Petcare Data Platforms both internally and across all divisions
What are we looking for?
- Lead the data design of solutions for large solutions, projects and programs; through expert knowledge translate high-level business requirements into data models and appropriate metadata, test data, and data quality standards
- Direct large specialist teams to undertake the delivery of a comprehensive data-centric project, seeing the whole picture and how the components combine and interact
- Manage senior business stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution, gather requirements and ensure that the delivery of the architecture aligns to longer-term strategic roadmaps
- Ability to develop a prioritised backlog across the architecture
- Work as part of the program management team on large programs, governing and shaping the delivery of projects. Work closely with external suppliers to ensure solution makes best use of technology and meets requirements
- Simplify the existing data architecture, delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line with the policies and standards of the group
- Lead collaborative team working with other areas within the wider Data & Analytics function to ensure that all solutions are complete, operable, conform to business processes, and meet the business needs with the agreed quality of service
- Responsible throughout entire project lifecycles for the end-to-end solution architecture of the project and compliance with enterprise data model and logical data groups
- Provide clear, continuous, and consistent data architecture leadership at a detailed level within the solution
- Provide mentoring and coaching for engineers and technical leads
- Ensure the end-to-end solution is fit for purpose, meet the needs of business, the IT strategies, the agreed requirements, and governance principles/frameworks and are both pragmatic and supportive of the strategic architecture direction
- Lead and participate in the peer review and quality assurance of project architectural artifacts across the Data & Analytics function through architectural and design forums. Report key architecture decisions and implications to the wider Data & Analytics Function
- Participate from time to time in the supplier selection process, evaluating usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations
- Expected to carry out core accountabilities with minimal level of supervision for complex tasks and no supervision for more routine matters
- Drive project knowledge back to the enterprise data model and ensure that it evolves correctly
- Lead the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data science, data analysis and business intelligence
- Create and maintain current- and target-state data architectures
- Ensure an architecture that drives improvements in data quality
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities
- Work with IT teams, product managers and data analytics teams to understand data consumers’ needs and develop solutions
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Role model the ecosystem approach within the Divisions
- Lead by developing best practice architecture with a clear route for adoption across divisions using collaborative approaches such as inner sourcing
- Develop and champion Pet and Pet Parent centric approaches through the development of the platform, keeping these principles at the core of the engineering strategy.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.