The Lead Engineer is the technical backbone within the team. You are responsible for choosing the right technologies which support our business needs best, all whilst keeping a close eye on a good fit with the Enterprise Architecture and adhering to security principles.
Within the Warehouse Technology Team, the key principles are: stability, manageability, and scalability. The technical choices you make will need to be based around these principles, to make sure we are able to support our ever growing Logistical Operation.
We are currently in a rapid expansion phase, which requires fast responses, but also keeping a “3 steps ahead” mentality. In the near future, we will shift our focus more towards automation/robotization, where the domain architect will play a key role.
- Create, steer, and apply the technical roadmap of your domain
- Balance long term and near-term priorities
- You drive adoption of technology standards within your domain
- Hands-on development of processes and applications in the ecosystem
- Assess and ensures your domain adheres to the principles and requirements of the various technical aspects (DevOps/ QA/ SLA / Enterprise architecture / security, and risks)
- Support project owner on subject matter in project management
- Design solution architecture for your domain which fits vidaXL as organization and their strategic goals
- You will be participating in architect board meetings, where inter-domain topics are discussed
- Naturally, you will receive a salary that matches your work experience
- 23 holiday days with the possibility to buy another 10 days
- 8% holiday pay
- Pension plan fully paid by vidaXL
- Travel allowance ánd a work from home allowance
- Opportunities to develop yourself!
- A hybrid work from home model. Of course, we will facilitate in a work from home facility as well
- Phone and laptop
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in technology related area
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
And what would be nice to have
- Experience with warehouse related technology platforms (e.g. Networking/ WiFi /Barcode Scanning/ Printing solutions and implementing new automation technologies)
- Understanding/Experience with (cloud) technology designs (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions)
- Experience using Agile Development Methodology (e.g. Scrum/Kanban)
- Willingness to travel (internationally)