Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We’re in business to save our home planet. You’ll be helping us achieve this by supporting the Recruitment team in all aspects related to recruitment in our European offices and stores. You will run the end-to-end recruitment process for selected positions, being the main point of contact for candidates, hiring managers and recruitment agencies.
• Support and partner with the Recruitment Supervisor Europe, Talent Acquisition Manager Europe, HR team Europe and hiring managers on all aspects of recruitment and ongoing recruitment projects.
• Be a point of contact for all aspects related to recruitment for Europe – start to end of recruitment cycle. This includes reviewing applications, actively searching for suitable candidates, conducting and scheduling interviews, following up with candidates and working together with hiring managers and recruitment agencies.
• Proactively work and partner with the Recruitment Supervisor Europe, Talent Acquisition Manager Europe and HR Team for an equitable, diverse and inclusive end to end recruitment process.
• Communicate our values and initiatives with the candidates and external stakeholders.
• Administrate our Applicant Tracking System and relevant job platforms.
• Ensure the acquisition of reference checks and all other requirements for potential new hires.
• Build relationships with recruitment agencies when needed.
• Explore new methods for candidate sourcing and improving the visibility of our company culture, including new platforms, events and agencies.
• Support the HR team with different tasks as needed, such as onboarding new employees and creating employee contracts.
• Keep the recruitment and HR files up to date.
• Support the HR team Europe on other HR initiatives where time allows.
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your work
• Minimum 3 years of experience in in-house recruitment – end to end recruitment process experience, working with external parties and internal stakeholders
• Extremely strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
• Flexible mentality, can-do attitude and ability to adapt to change quickly
• Proactive, dynamic, with great attention to details
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
• Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with line managers and colleagues
• Excellent computer knowledge and general skills to learn new systems.
• Understanding of EU legislation on topics such as visas and employment contracts
Other important details:
• This is a full time position, based in Amsterdam
• This is a fixed term full-time vacancy, intended to support the team for 6 months. If you’re successful in the selection process, we will offer you a contract for 6 months.
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 (full-time roles) or 2 (part-time roles) days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an offer of employment is made.
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in employee-lead groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities such as our own programme Earth University and workshops in anti-racism, core sports, among others.
• Possibility to apply for an Environmental Internship (spending time away from your regular job to work for an environmental group, while being paid your regular salary) after one year of employment
• Option to participate in our 1% for the Planet grants council, being trained and empowered to review and make funding decisions on the grant applications from environmental groups.
• We have dog-friendly offices where employees can bring their furry friend to work
• We are an activist company and have policies in place to support employees that want to engage in activism.
• All employees interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month of employment, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year)
• Fully paid maternity leave (duration varies by country). After nine months of employment, we offer 12 weeks of partner leave and 12 weeks of adoptive leave. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
A certified B Corporation, Patagonia is in business to save our home planet. In a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. The company is recognized internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $105 million in grants and in-kind donations to date.