Within ABN AMRO we are looking for a solution architect with broad and detailed knowledge of web development and industry trends. You will design, enhance and maintain all aspects of the web applications.
On daily basis you work together inside and outside your team(s) with developers, QAs, architects, scrum masters and product owners. You will design and implement solutions to requirements that are easily maintainable, highly scalable, tested, and of high quality.
Examples of your tasks and responsibilities as a solution architect:
• Ensure reliable operations and maximal uptime
• Stay abreast of changes and opportunities as they pertain to Azure cloud and web development
• Understand business and technical requirements, and assess multiple technical alternatives to recommend the most optimal solution design/architecture
• Participate in technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
• Create relevant documentation as required including conceptual design, logical and physical designs and knowledge transfer materials.
• Assist with troubleshooting and resolving complex production system issues, including critical issues that might occur outside of normal business hours
We love to share knowledge and to challenge each other, for example by sharing our expertise in our blog, during the events of our developer community and by organizing hackathons.
Within the Personal Banking Grid at ABN AMRO we are building mobile & web applications. We offer a great digital experience for our clients to engage with their financial needs in a personal way. Examples are the Grip app, the ABN AMRO App and the ABN AMRO Internet Banking website.
At the Personal Banking Grid we believe in an agile way of working, while focusing on solid principles that gives teams a sense of autonomy and purpose in their job. Next to that we give everyone the opportunity to get better and grow in their skills.
These apps wouldn’t exist without developers and engineers using their talent and skills to get this done. All our teams share the passion for building, reinventing and innovating to help our clients (regardless of what bank they use) as much as possible.
Our ultimate goal is to expand these projects and make digital banking even easier for our customers. The entire Grid is excited for what’s coming next. Yet we believe we could use a hand. Your hand.
We offer hybrid working as the new normal. This offers you the flexibility to decide when and where you work and what is most comfortably and effectively. Of course, we offer you the right resources you need to set up a good home office. For example, an ergonomic chair, desk and laptop.
• Hands-on experience and passion for web application development
• You are able to write code in Java
• Affinity with software architecture
• Solid understanding of software development practices and design patterns
• Experience with Agile Frameworks, DevOps Automation, cloud platform and services (Azure)
• Strong analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Experience with requirement management.
• Ability to communicate directly with business and technical stakeholders to collaborate on new designs, and write (technical) documentation
• You are a strong team player and together with your colleagues, you manage to take the team to a higher level
• Experience with REST API design and development and CI/CD Tooling
• You are based in the Netherlands
As a solution architect you are given every opportunity and independence to demonstrate your professional expertise in a no-nonsense environment and to further develop yourself. We attach great value to personal development and thereby offer you many training and development opportunities. In addition:
• Market conform salary
• Pension scheme
• Benefit budget, so you can decide yourself if you want extra holiday allowances, a lease bike or that you want the budget paid out.
• Personal development budget.
• Banking for better days. These are days you can use for your personal development or on which you can contribute to society.
De financiële wereld is nog nooit zo in beweging geweest als nu! Technologie evolueert razend snel en de kracht van innovatie heeft veel invloed op het financiële systeem. We hebben jouw talenten nodig om onze bank toekomstbestendig te maken. Wat je interesses of achtergrond ook zijn. We bieden een werkomgeving vol ondernemerschap en vrijheid om jezelf te ontwikkelen, zowel op professioneel als op persoonlijk vlak.
Bij ABN AMRO krijgt iedereen de kans om zijn talent te benutten en om te groeien, ongeacht afkomst. En als werknemer krijg je een bepaalde vrijheid om je werk uit te voeren, waardoor je een goede balans tussen werk en privé kunt creëren.
De mogelijkheid die ABN AMRO mij biedt om achter de schermen te kijken bij veel verschillende afdelingen en tegelijkertijd ervaring op te doen in de praktijk, geeft mij het gevoel dat ik mezelf professioneel kan ontwikkelen tijdens mijn stage.