As a junior quantitative risk analyst, you will play a key role in ensuring that the bank makes informed, data driven decisions. We need skilled junior quantitative risk analysts who have a solid quantitative background and a passion for working with advanced techniques to unlock the valuable information contained within our production and historical data.
ABN AMRO is a leading Dutch bank, with an international presence across Europe. We need skilled junior quantitative risk analysts who have a solid quantitative background and a passion for working with advanced techniques to unlock the valuable information contained within our production and historical data.
As a junior quantitative risk analyst, you will play a key role in ensuring that the bank makes informed, data driven decisions. You will work with the business to understand the data they generate in their day to day activities. You will decide on the best quantitative methods and techniques to apply to the data sets to unlock the intelligence contained within them. You will work in a team developing new models and methods for quantifying risk, and in evaluating and improving the performance of existing models and methods. Here you can apply your quantitative skills in the real world, on real data sets and business challenges, and make a positive impact for the bank and its customers. You will be supported by your team, which includes experienced risk analysts who can help you to develop and grow your skills.
ABN AMRO Risk Modelling is a growing, international team of more than 90 professionals. We are the centre of excellence within the bank for developing quantitative risk models, which inform the bank in its daily decisions, from pricing of deals and granting of customer credits, through to setting and monitoring of market risk limits and determining the capital requirements for the bank.
You have a strong quantitative education in an area such as mathematics, econometrics, actuarial studies, or physics. Besides that you have skills in software packages for statistical and data analysis, such as Python, SAS, R, and MatLab. You want to prove yourself in a quantitative modelling environment, and to apply your skills to derive meaningful, robust, data driven models to guide business decisions. You work well within a team, and can take responsibility for making your contribution to successful delivery.
You fit the profile if you meet the following requirements:
• Quantitative academic education (Master’s Degree or PhD) in a relevant field, like econometrics, mathematics, actuarial studies or physics;
• Good knowledge of statistics, econometrics, financial mathematics;
• Able to effectively communicate (in written and spoken English) about your analysis and results;
• Experienced in modern programming languages (e.g. Matlab, Python) or statistical languages (e.g. SAS, R);
• Strong analytic skills and affinity with data analytics, (pre)processing, and data handling;
• Able to work independently and under pressure;
• Pro-active attitude and an excellent team player.
The recruitment process includes technical assessment to test the knowledge of statistics and econometrics. For example, a candidate might be asked how logistic regression works and how to apply it in a given setting. A candidate might also be asked to solve a brain teaser.
• The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally;
• An informal multi-cultural working environment with great colleagues;
• Challenging work on complex and advanced quantitative problems;
• The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness;
• A competitive salary;
• A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits;
• A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year;
• An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function;
• A solid pension plan.
De financiële wereld is nog nooit zo in beweging geweest als nu! Technologie evolueert razend snel en de kracht van innovatie heeft veel invloed op het financiële systeem. We hebben jouw talenten nodig om onze bank toekomstbestendig te maken. Wat je interesses of achtergrond ook zijn. We bieden een werkomgeving vol ondernemerschap en vrijheid om jezelf te ontwikkelen, zowel op professioneel als op persoonlijk vlak.
Bij ABN AMRO krijgt iedereen de kans om zijn talent te benutten en om te groeien, ongeacht afkomst. En als werknemer krijg je een bepaalde vrijheid om je werk uit te voeren, waardoor je een goede balans tussen werk en privé kunt creëren.
De mogelijkheid die ABN AMRO mij biedt om achter de schermen te kijken bij veel verschillende afdelingen en tegelijkertijd ervaring op te doen in de praktijk, geeft mij het gevoel dat ik mezelf professioneel kan ontwikkelen tijdens mijn stage.