Due to the strong growth of our activities, we are looking for a Shipping agent who will join our team.
In this position you will be responsible for one or more (Key) accounts that you take care of with a best-in-class Customer Service.
As Shipping agent you are responsible for ensuring that the operations of our clients run smoothly, with ” unburdening ” and ” serving ” being crucial. You are the link between the customer, loading and unloading locations, and various carriers with the focus on:
- Ensure the overall operational handling of cargo flows in the area of road, air and ocean freight (Import, export, groupage, LCL and FCL)
- Maintaining contacts and existing and potential new customers, shipping companies and transporters.
- The preparation and delivery of spot rates.
- You are responsible for the development of national and international transport concepts.
- You keep yourself busy observing the current market and respond to this.
- You offer operational support when implementing new customers and services.
- You are engaged in the monitoring of external service providers.
- You keep yourself busy following developments and optimization of measuring instruments to assess carriers.
- You have completed a HBO education, preferably in the direction of logistics.
- You have knowledge and experience in road transport, air and sea freight.
- You are goal-oriented and you can work independently within a small team of professionals.
- You are proactive, a self starter and do not wait.
- You are a strong communicator.
- You have good knowledge of the English language. Knowledge of the German and / or French language is an advantage.
- You have thorough knowledge of MS Office.