INKEF Capital is an innovative venture capital firm dedicated to supporting European early-stage companies in both the technology and healthcare/life sciences sectors. We are distinct from other funds in that our 20-year fund life and €500 million fund size allow us to be true a partner for the longer term, supporting ventures through their different stages of development. With 12 investment professionals, the INKEF team has a multidisciplinary set of backgrounds in complementary technical and operational fields as well as geographies, which enables us to provide a rounded and international perspective and broad network to ensure that our portfolio companies reach their full global potential. Our fund has made over 40 investments and realized 5 exits resulting already in a top decile performance.
INKEF is looking to hire an intern to support its technology team during a 6 month placement starting from May 2021. We are looking for someone with passion for technology and startups, keen to explore the world of venture capital and make the first step to develop a career in early stage investments.
Job Description Technology Intern
- To support tech investments team during a fixed term placement (6 months) with daily activities related to sourcing, market research and analysis of investment opportunities, namely:
- Deal sourcing, including list-building, portfolio reviews of select incubators and seed stage funds,
- Initial screening and documenting deal flow incoming via INKEF’s website,
- Contribute to CRM management by regular review and updates of key information on companies tracked by the fund,
- Assist with the research of the co-investor universe in Europe and their investment activity,
- Attend, together with the other tech team members, meetings with prospective portfolio companies,
- Assist with preparation of and attend INKEF’s startup community events,
- Assist in the analysis of investment opportunities under the guidance of other tech team members, such as compiling competitors reviews, transactions and market size data and other relevant deal specific research,
- Help with maintaining internal proprietary benchmarking datasets,
- Performing a deep dive into one or more technology areas that could be of interest to INKEF and markets to determine future investment thesis.
- Strong academic performance and an expected or recently attained degree from a top-tier undergraduate institution,
- This is an entry level role and we believe that an eligible candidate has no, to up to a maximum 2 years of experience from, for instance, finance, consulting, research or technology roles, or has seen the inside of a tech startup. While beneficial, previous placements/work experience are not a prerequisite. What matters is a genuine interest in venture capital and technology entrepreneurship.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and excellent work ethics,
- Outstanding analytical skills, attention to detail, pro-active and self-motivated,
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with people,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- A multicultural background is a plus, you have explored the world and ideally speak more than two languages,
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success.
- Amazing learning opportunities and an all-round introduction to the world of venture capital with significant mentorship from the INKEF team,
- A highly international working environment with fun but high-performing colleagues,
- A chance to work with exceptional entrepreneurs,
- Competitive base salary,
- Discounted premium gym membership.