Graduation Internship Digital Software Engineering
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU — people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful.
Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Software Engineering graduate intern to join our Enterprise Engineering Team.
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com.
Continental Europe is a growth market for Cognizant. Continuously we are looking for talent to enforce our local and onsite teams. In the Netherlands close to 1,700 colleagues represent us. Our office locations in the Netherlands are Amsterdam, Hoorn, Rotterdam & Eindhoven. We have an extensive graduate development plan to guide our graduates in the first steps in their careers.
About Cognizant Enterprise Engineering
Cognizant’s Enterprise Engineering Practice designs and builds products, enabling clients to become technology companies with digital-first business models. We offer both application modernization and software product engineering.
Cognizant Enterprise Engineering is based on a community model with amongst them 5 communities focused around technology: Full Stack Engineering, Resilience & Reliability Engineering, DevOps, Blockchain and Digital Architecture. Our communities are our global hubs of expert talent dedicated to creating high-impact digital engineering solutions for clients, today and in the future.
Internship Enterprise Engineering
Would you like to join our team as graduate intern to research, develop and learn in modern software engineering? This might be the internship for you!
Location: Amsterdam / Rotterdam / Eindhoven / Home
We are looking for several graduate interns, in their final stage of their study, that want to graduate with us. You will have dedicated technical and graduate mentors as part of the deal. We have a variation of different assignments and a subset is shown here:
1. My First Pod Engagement; in this engagement you will become part of a team of graduate interns and work on an assignment that includes topics like microservices, cloud, frontend & backend. Based on functional and non functional requirements you will , together with your pod, go through the complete software development lifecycle and deliver tangible outcomes. This assignment comes along with a curriculum of technical training that enhances your skills and get you prepared for your first job!
2. Create a webapp to promote new engagements between Cognizant and its partners (like Aston Martin Formula 1)
3. Personalization/creating individual user experiences based on data held about the user (age, known preferences, previous purchases/interactions)
4. Use blockchain technology to manage assets
5. Alexa integration to enhance a customer journey (maybe to track how an order is progressing, or raise a request)
6. We have lots more, that might fit your interest; want to know more? Contact us?
We provide freedom and space to contribute your point of view. Part of the internships is a monthly allowance of EUR 500.
This is what you bring
We are looking for an eager and motivated graduate intern not afraid to learn. You know how to organize your work and make connections needed to progress. You are interested in emerging technology, science and the possibilities this brings. You have a practical mindset combined with plenty of creativity and initiative. Coding software is your passion. You are proactive in communicating and cooperating within a team and you know what is needed to go for the finish of the project.
You are studying a subject like computer science, applied mathematics, AI or data science. Technical university or university of applied science (HBO) level; bachelor or master.
You are looking for a graduation internship project of around 20 weeks.
What is in it for you?
1. Your gain new skills; used in modern technology solutions
2. You get to apply skills that you have learnt/are good at and create Business value
3. You gain real-time experience
4. You get corporate exposure
5. A possible job opportunity
6. A nice allowance whilst you graduate
7. The opportunity to work with senior engineers in the field
8. Flexibility on the location
Interested? Connect to us here: email@example.com
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
I like the fact that it's an international company with a lot of opportunities. One of my goal is to be transferred in London or Amsterdam's office. I really like that it’s possible within Cognizant. Being be able to travel or even move within the region. Cognizant...
Cognizant offers the possibilities of a multi-national company, with the personal involvement of a small company. It’s greatly motivating to see that my own efforts are rewarded with my managers putting in work to find me a project that really fits my interests and career perspective.
From our blog: