The Body Shop
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura & Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969. In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
Your role in a nutshell
We are recruiting for a Business Analyst to join the EMEA Head Franchise (HF) team, who will support both the Digital and Commercial teams as well as our Franchise markets through regular website analysis, reporting and insight. The successful candidate will ensure that analysis drives learnings and actionable insights on website behaviour and performance, together with a holistic understanding of retail sales and wholesales from a commercial perspective.
This newly created permanent full-time role is a great opportunity to join a friendly, exciting and dynamic team within The Body Shop.
More about the role
- Provide regular website reporting and analysis to various levels of stakeholders across different functions in the business, using insights to proactively drive improvements from a sales, content, campaigns, customer, website, marketing and commercial perspective.
- Create, develop and maintain dashboards, reports, measurements and KPIs to analyse and track performance using a combination of Google Analytics, SAP and CRM data, supported by clear analysis and recommendations to create added value.
- Be the technical and subject matter expert for end-user support on Google Analytics, as well as site tagging and tracking (through Google Tag Manager), ensuring data is available, well maintained, robust and accurate.
- Deep dive into Google Analytics to identify what marketing channels are working and which products are selling well across regions to identify trends and create best practice around perfect partners, working closely with both the Digital and Commercial teams.
- Ability to identify data inaccuracies and directly fix issues using a Tag Management System and work closely with Franchisee developers on the implementation of new site tags.
- Support the Business Analytics Manager with regular and ad hoc reporting, analysis and insights (both retail and wholesale), particularly at key points in the retail calendar.
- Utilise existing tools and learnings from internal teams (TBS Global and regional) and leverage these to improve analysis and reporting, whilst representing the HF team and Franchise markets as an example of best practice.
- Monitor market ecommerce sales performance against forecasts and budgets, suggesting actionable insights and trends to improve and maintain performance.
- Proactively drive improvements in existing digital and commercial reporting and analysis, championing the use of accessible, relevant and actionable data and information.
What we look for
- Experience in technical aspects of website/ecommerce analytics and technologies (specifically Google Analytics, GTM, site tagging and tracking), and using these to extrapolate learnings.
- Experience of analysing large data sets to identify insights and trends and presenting these in a structured and clear way.
- Advanced Excel skills (with a working knowledge of SAP, Business Explorer and Visual Basic desirable).
- Relevant experience in a commercial/retail environment, with knowledge of Franchise business model desirable.
- Love for proactive problem solving, naturally inquisitive with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure with effective time management skills, alongside a strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative Skills
- Personal Conduct