Newzoo is the global leader in games and esports analytics and research. We work with the biggest and best names in the global games, media, and hardware industries, such as Wargaming, Google, and Nvidia. As our Finance Intern, you will be assisting with daily financial and accounting processes. You will be part of an international finance team within a fast-growing, ambitious, and innovative company. You will be thoroughly trained and coached throughout the day, and we will help you with your internship assignment where needed.
Who we are looking for
You are an easy-going person, have a positive attitude, and are detail-oriented. You are eager to bring the best theoretical accounting practices into real-life work situations. You are someone who enjoys working on a wide array of tasks ranging from complex to relatively straightforward. Your English is fluent in both writing and speaking.
- Assist with daily financial administration and book-keeping;
- Process purchase invoice and credit card statements, review and process reimbursements, and prepare weekly payment list (AP);
- Create sales invoices, communicate with our international clients, follow-up on accounts receivables, and perform vendor registration setups in the online systems of our corporate customers (AR);
- Participate in preparing financial reports by assisting with the preparation of reconciliations during the month-end closing process;
- Organize and archive finance documents;
- Provide administrative and financial support to the team with numerous other finance and accounting tasks.
- 3rd year Bachelor’s degree student doing a study in Accounting, Finance, Economy, or similar;
- Enrolled at an educational institution in Europe;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English;
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly with Excel in the creation and editing of big data spreadsheets;
- Knowledge and a good understanding of accounting principles;
- Good attention to detail, accurate, and an organized team member;
- Available for 3 to 6 months.
- An opportunity to get acquainted with the workings of a highly automated accounting environment powered by state of the art financial software;
- Be part of a highly organized finance team and receive thorough training and day-to-day coaching from other team members;
- A brand new office in Amsterdam close to the city center, or if the Covid-19 situation does not permit this, all tools and software to work remotely;
- An internship with a very international outlook in a dynamic corporate environment;
- Plenty of room to develop yourself and shape your future career;
- Be part of a fast-growing, ambitious, and innovative company with a fun culture, ambitious people, and over 20 nationalities.