At Gist, we pride ourselves in transforming supply chains, with a proven track record spanning 50 years. Our vision is to be our customers’ first choice for logistics, innovation, excellence and partnership. Our customers include Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Food Group.
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential and our Graduate schemes are designed to create our future business leaders. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
What is it like to be Graduate at Gist?
- As an Engineering Management Graduate, you will complete a three year scheme consisting of at least two placements across the three year programme, based at any one of our UK-wide operational depots.
- Year one is all about getting to know our business. From Day one you will be working in one of sites understanding our transport and warehouse operations from an engineering viewpoint. You will gain an overview of fleet, fridge plant and sorter maintenance alongside our systems and our network.
- Your second and third year will see you based in our Head office working directly for the Head of Engineering. You will get a better overview of all our accounts and network, start to build project proposals and run change projects alongside a financial understanding of how our engineering function is run. These two years will see you getting involved in exciting, innovative projects and liaising with our customers.
How will you become one of our future engineering leaders?
Throughout your time with Gist you will receive training and development in order to set you up for success. The programmes are designed to equip you with the knowledge, best practice, skills and techniques to develop your capabilities. This will be delivered in conjunction with your regular progress meetings to ensure you are working towards a career plan that meets your needs and aspirations.
- You will gain real life, engineering responsibility from day one, rapid progression, industry leading training and coaching.
- All of our graduates receive structured on-site and central training in people management and best operational practice, as well as regular performance reviews to ensure you are receiving the right support and opportunities.
- You will be allocated a buddy a few months ahead of you joining, to help you get settled into life at Gist and your site. You will also be allocated a mentor who will be a senior manager in our business and will be there to offer support and guidance on your career within Gist.
- With over one fifth of our senior management team coming from our graduate scheme, our schemes have been setting graduates up for success for a number of years.
What will you need to succeed?
We are looking for driven and engaging Graduates to join us.
- You must have achieved a minimum of 2:1 classification in any engineering discipline.
- You aim to be a senior leader in our business and constantly look to develop yourself on that journey
- You will thrive in a fast paced and challenging business which will see you succeed when pushed out of your comfort zone.
- You proactively look to transform, adapt and improve things around you. You want to exceed expectations
- Change isn’t a scary word for you. You thrive on new challenges, new people and pick things up quickly and effectively.
- People are your focus and you roll your sleeves up when a team needs to come together.
What will Gist offer you?
- As you progress through the scheme, we ensure you are rewarded – by managing larger teams and taking on greater challenges.
- You will receive a starting salary of £26,500
- We know that moving could be worrying and stressful– we give you time to find the right place and will support you with this move.
- Whether it’s personal or professional, the Employee Assistance Helpline offers counselling, financial and legal advice as well as an online health portal
- The opportunity to take up to four weeks out of the operation to complete a charity placement
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary performance-related bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- My Benefits —offering great discounts across retail and leisure outlets
How to apply
We are keen to ensure our selection process gives you a clear insight into our business, but most importantly offers you a good understanding of the graduate scheme and what it’s like to be a Gist graduate.
1. Head to gistworld.com/careers and complete our online application form
2. If successful you will then complete a 20 minute video interview where we will get to know you, understand why you’re interested in Gist and hear about why you’d be a great fit for us
3. Following a successful video interview, we will invite you to one of our depots where you will get to know the environment, meet our people and complete some interactive assessments
4. If we think you show potential, you will be invited to our final stage assessment centre at Head Office in Chineham, Basingstoke. Throughout this day, you’ll show us why you could
Please be aware that in order to be successful you need to be available for one of the insight days at our depots (taking place in November, January and February) and one of our assessment centres (taking place in December, January, February and March) and be able to start the role in September 2021.