At Nowi we want to expand our R&D team and strengthen our position as the developer of the world's most efficient and PMIC. By managing and harvesting ambient energy we help our clients to make their sensor solutions plug & forget ™. We are looking for a jr. analog designer to help us realize our mission to enable the Internet of Things.
Do you want to make a difference?
Nowi is a semiconductor company that was founded in 2016, and has rapidly grown to a 18 people team. We have patents pending on our innovative RF harvesting technology, and we are planning to expand that portfolio. Nowi has the ambition to make an impact in the world, and we expect that our people want to do the same. Nowi is located in Delft and has an extensive academic background with people that have masters and PhDs from the Technical University in Delft. The Netherlands is one of the leaders in academic research on RF energy harvesting and we are bringing it into practice.
As an jr. analog designer at Nowi, you will design and validate low-power circuits such as voltage converter, comparators, voltage reference or clock generator. With a true start-up spirit, you will be involved in all steps of the IC development, from specification discussions to mass production preparation, and you will work closely with all the people in the team. Your daily tasks include:
- Design, verification and layout of analog mixed-signal circuits to meet product requirements Validation of the designed IC.
- Develop new designs for patenting or protecting as trade secret.
- Demonstrates good judgment in solving a broad range of issues, based on an advanced understanding of the industry application.
- Reports on design results through design reviews, in accordance with company quality requirements and resolves action items generated as a result of these reviews.
- Attends design reviews to provide input and learn from other designers’ experiences. Research design techniques through technical publications and seminars.
- Supports marketing in product definition.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate the activities of other personnel.
- Master or PhD degree in engineering science within the field of Microelectronics
- Advanced knowledge of MOS transistors and analog circuit design.
- Knowledge of complex AC/DC analysis (poles, zeros, compensation), loop dynamics and feedback systems.
- Knowledge of DC/DC power conversion topologies.
- Previous design experience with integrated power conversion circuits ( DC-DC/Power converters, charge-pumps, LDO’s, rectifiers, amplifiers ).
- Advanced knowledge of device physics and CMOS/BiCMOS fabrication processes
- Advanced understanding of layout tradeoffs for performance, size and design for manufacturability.
Additional Skills (one or more of these are highly desirable)
- Knowledge of energy harvesting concept. Exceptional laboratory measurement skills (analog, RF-as req.)
- System knowledge and advanced design skills in system modeling
- Strong knowledge of circuit simulation tools, layout verification tools, Matlab, and UNIX
- Knowledge of MS Office documentation, spreadsheet, presentation tools or equivalent tools
- Familiarity with quality systems documentation and procedures
Besides a competitive salary we offer:
- Pension costs are 100% covered by the company. Your nett income will be higher.
- Work with an international team with highly skilled IC designers.
- Working for a scale up, means working with people who believe in the product and are passionate about it.
- Personal development budget
- Daily lunch, several team outings and Friday drinks