Portfolio Control Internship - Apollo Program
At a glance
Are you a WO/MSc student with a knack/affinity for technology and challenging your skills? Do you want to find the best place to do your thesis research? Or, perhaps you just want to learn from our top professionals and acquire work experience? What are you waiting for? Apply now!
The Apollo program restructures the entire ABN AMRO IT organization towards a DevOps way of working and the technical Azure platform. This program therefore has impact on almost every area of the bank and proper management of the Portfolio of activities is an important key to success. In order to facilitate the overall planning and portfolio process, the Apollo Planning Authority has been setup. Interested in joining the Apollo Planning Authority? Keep reading!
The goal of the internship is to work as part of the Planning Authority. Your role is to be part of both setting up and implementing a method of structurally managing the program portfolio through Jira. This assignment allows for contact with a multitude of stakeholders within the organization and to be part of one of the biggest programs within ABN AMRO, and you get to work with a team of intelligent and inspiring minds. This internship is also suited as a research assignment on portfolio/program management.
Your activities will include:
· Align relevant stakeholders and their needs;
· Implement portfolio structures in Jira;
· Setup and implement process for continuous successful use.
You are a WO/MSc student looking for either a thesis internship or work experience.
· Your study covers general business, program management, cloud computing, and/or data science.
· You are preferably familiar with and/or have a big interest in (Azure)technology.
· You can start from April 2020 onwards.
· You are available for 3 to 4 months.
Furthermore, you recognize yourself as:
· Autonomous: you like to take the initiative to solve problems by yourself and be independent when necessary.
· Communicative: you can convey information in an accurate and clear manner to your co-workers.
· Hard worker: you work with passion in your everyday tasks.
· Organised: you are often described as being organized, reliable, and confident.
· Proactive: you have a “hands-on” mentality.
· Pro learner: you are curious about new knowledge and eager to make it yours.
· Team-player: you can easily reach and collaborate with colleagues, either helping them out or requesting some assistance.
Your working environment
During your internship, you will be working in the PMO for the Apollo program. This PMO consists of 5 people with different backgrounds all geared towards making the program a success. Being a part of this team can bring you many insights to the field and an opportunity for continuous learning during your internship!
What we offer
This is the enriching internship opportunity you were looking for! You will have the chance to contribute to one of the best work environments of The Netherlands. At ABN AMRO we encourage you to develop yourself into the much needed talent the world is waiting for! You will be working with the best professionals in the business and also with the latest technologies, in a creative, flexible and easy going atmosphere. As an ABN AMRO intern you will receive a work laptop, monthly fixed compensation (€600 for MSc students and €450 BSc students), a personal development coach and many other benefits in order for you to reach your professional potential. We offer you the possibility to stand out and make a difference.
The world of banking is changing rapidly, and ABN AMRO Bank is changing with it. Therefore, we invest in Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Robotics, VR, apps & APIs, Risk as a Service, IT security, new business models and much more. Banking is not only about storing and transferring your money anymore, we go beyond banking. Together with our 6000 IT professionals, we aim to change the world of banking!
Feel invited to come and make history with us! Leave a mark that’s forged with hard work, commitment, and companionship. You don’t believe us? Come and see it for yourself!
Apply right away!
If you are confident about becoming a valuable member of our team, apply right away! And don’t forget; a well thought-out, structured CV and motivation letter can make you stand out from the crowd!
How to do it?
· Put only job relevant items in your CV and letter.
· In your letter present yourself briefly and then tell us WHY you are interested in both this assignment in particular and working at ABN AMRO in general. Subsequently, explain HOW you will be adding value to our team by highlighting your relevant skills and experience.
· Lastly, always include your availability period (e.g., from February 2020 to July 2020) and the objective of your internship (e.g., thesis research, work experience).
We are looking forward to get to know you!
Any doubts, questions, or compliments for us? Get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (020-3433443) or WhatsApp (+31 06 831 53373)!
Application Deadline: 24-04-2020
Please Note: If you are not an EU-resident you need a valid working permit or a standard internship agreement if you are a non eu/eea student.
The financial world has never been as dynamic as it is today. The time for you to join forces with us to make banking faster, easier and smarter is now. Technology is evolving at lightning speed and drive of innovation has a major impact on the financial system. We need your talents to help make our bank future-proof! Whatever your...
Ik ben Deji Adeyemo, van Nigeriaanse afkomst maar al bijna vijftien jaar woonachtig in Nederland. Sinds vijf jaar ben ik bij ABN AMRO werkzaam als Financial Analyst op de consolidation-afdeling van de Group Finance – Accounting & Consolidation.
Carrière Anno Nu
Bij ABN AMRO krijgt iedereen de kans om...
Na mijn master op Nyenrode ging ik op zoek naar een uitdagende werkomgeving en die vond ik bij ABN AMRO. Eerst deed ik een traineeship, daarna begon ik als Sector Analist bij Sector Advisory, waar ik inmiddels meer dan een jaar werk. Ik ben gespecialiseerd in drie...