ESI Media is constantly evolving as a data-informed business. A Junior Data Analyst is needed to support the data and editorial teams to ensure the newsroom has an analytics environment which meets current business needs and future aspirations.
This role requires a Junior Analyst who can provide regular insights to the content team from a variety of data sources used by the publisher, in particular first party traffic, social media, SEO and video analytics
- Interested in data and its applications
- Want to learn new applications and tools
- Interested in the media or the news
- Comfortable working across multiple business functions
- Highly motivated, results orientated
- Exhibits a high level of integrity and trust
The Data Team
The ESI Media data department provides analysis, reporting and insight across The Independent and Evening Standard brands, enabling the business to make data-informed decisions. The team also extends to identity management for registered users and subscribers, customer services and data privacy.
- Compilation of regular reports to help editorial stakeholders monitor relevant KPIs using key data sources, specialising in social media, SEO and video analytics.
- Contribute to standard daily and weekly reports on website performance as well as post-event analysis for major traffic driving events.
- Support the content planning and assessment process by providing editorial insight.
- Monitor competitors using a suite of social and SEO listening tools. Compile appropriate benchmarks to monitor performance for a variety of metrics on and off-platform.
- Ensuring analysis and actionable insights for the newsroom fit with business objectives, and proactively identifying publishing trends, areas of opportunity, efficiencies and support for the changing nature of digital content publishing.
- Developing KPI structures and setting up dashboards
- Arranging regular 1-to-1 training sessions for editorial and commercial stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain user access for the suite of analytics tools used across the business.
- Handle all data securely and responsibly, observing the Data Protection Act and Company Code of Conduct.
Skills and experience
- Proficient using Excel / Google Sheets
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Curiosity and a questioning nature.
- Experience with Google Analytics / Adobe Analytics
- Basic understanding of SEO / Social KPIs
- Experience working in a newsroom environment
To apply, please send an up to date CV along with a full covering letter with salary expectations.