This role provides an excellent opportunity to those candidates who are looking not only to solidify their controlling skills, but also to prepare themselves for the next career step into more senior finance opportunities. This role reports directly into the Finance Manager of the group and sits on a team of more than 30 professionals in total. This team is part of a larger Finance team existing of 70 finance professional, working from our Finance hub in the Schiphol location, covering all of the EMEA region.
Become the trusted partner to the Animal Nutrition & Health business Netherlands, located in Rotterdam center where we create feed solutions for all species including ruminants, poultry and swine.
You will serve as the main link between the different sources of information and the relevant business partners, providing them with a rigorous, analytical financial statement review performed at each business/country level. Continuous improvement of financial reporting processes that support the business decisions will be essential in the role
· Consult with Plant and Supply Chain managers to understand the local business challenges and strategies;
· Responsible for the local plant and supply chain budgeting and monitoring process, including cost control process of operations and supply chain expenses;
· Review and control the yield calculation and report differences in joint collaboration with operations. Identify and follow up with several functions on improvement areas;
· Assess the current month-end process on efficiency and timeliness regarding business reporting. Ensure that key financial policies and other procedures are followed to support a strong system of controls;
· Control all deliveries and receipt of raw materials in to the plant. Track the flow of goods and communicate the outcomes of the production process to relevant partners;
· Handle Cargill business services (CBS) performance and end-to-end to processes from a Business Group perspective;
· Review balance sheet accounts prepared by CBS for inventory and fixed assets accounts. Review stocks and make sure physical stock confirmations are in line with accounting and calculated stocks;
· Partner with other Finance and Data & Technology teams to match the business requirement with advanced analytic tools.
· Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with 3-5 years accounting experience;
· Minimum 3 years of Plant, Operations Control experience and shown experience with local and US GAAP reporting;
· Understanding and experience working with JDE or SAP and validated experience with new BI tools such as Power BI;
· Confirmed ability to understand key business drivers and how to translate these into meaningful reporting;
· Shown ability to operate in a culture of continuous improvement, process optimization, and intellectual curiosity;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
· Change agility and proven ability to handle outcomes whilst not having all employees reporting to yourself;
· Skilled at using financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making. Maintains working knowledge of data systems and applications;
· Ability to travel up to 10%;
· Proficient in Dutch and English.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Our team of 160,000 professionals in 70 countries draws together the worlds of food, agriculture, nutrition and risk management. For more than 150 years, we have helped farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. We are continuously developing products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety and sustainability. And we help all of our partners innovate and manage risk, so they can nourish the world again tomorrow.
Business unit: Cargill Premix and Nutrition (CPN)
Location: Rotterdam (NL) / Kolding (DK)
Start date: January 2014
Education: MSc Animal Sciences (Wageningen University)
Think about your experience and journey with Cargill. Which statement resonates most with you?
High Caliber People: I work with some of the best people in their...
Business unit: GOSCE & CROE, Plant Operations
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Start date: March 2010
Education: Masters in Mechanical Engineering
Did you intern at Cargill? If so, where was your internship and what was your role?
I have done a short, fourweek internship at the soy-crush plant in Amsterdam. This was in my...