Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management. Our 50,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
We have immediate starts available for Coastal Engineers to join our growing Maritime business to help drive further growth. You will join an established and thriving coastal practice working on projects that make a difference to local communities and the environment. You will be involved in coastal engineering study and design projects ranging from coastal erosion and flood risk management, ports and maritime facilities, environmental enhancement and climate change impacts.
Jacobs Maritime provides specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development. Working within an integrated and forward thinking team of some of the UK's leading coastal engineers and scientists, you will make a major contribution to projects and packages of work within our established frameworks with leading clients and on stand-alone projects from private and public sector clients across the globe.
We are currently in the midst of an exciting investment period during which we aim to achieve considerable and sustained profitable growth. This will provide great opportunities for you to work across a broad portfolio of projects and will offer a platform to gain significant experience. We are committed to retain our position as the number one global consultant in Coastal Engineering. We aim to remain the consultant of choice when clients face their most difficult challenges and we know this means recruiting and developing the best talent in the business
You will be involved in delivering technical analyses and solutions, to high standards, on-time, and within budget. The team includes a wealth of experience and expertise in all aspects of maritime infrastructure projects. Sharing of knowledge and learning of new skills is actively encouraged.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Working as part of a national coastal team, you will provide inputs to coastal related projects for a range of clients.
• Technical input to coastal engineering designs and studies
• Produce reports and technical notes summarising your findings and recommendations
• Liaison with internal clients to develop relationships across the business, and external clients where required
• Manage your own time to ensure successful delivery of projects
• Ability to lead packages of work, delivering to time, quality and budget
• Support other members of the team and help to mentor and develop others
• Reporting to Project Managers
• Office based working, with occasional / possible opportunities for site working
• Work within established quality management systems, in particular ensuring compliance with technical governance arrangements
• Proven ability of coastal engineering design and assessment, with practical knowledge of successful completion
• Problem solving skills with practical aptitude
• A strong desire to develop and improve their own skills
• Be highly motivated and proactive, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
• A team player
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and clients
• A genuine interest in, and passion for coastal engineering and sciences
• A degree in civil engineering or a coastal/maritime related discipline ideally with a relevant Masters degree.
• Member of CIWEM, ICE or other relevant organisation
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Jacobs, with annual revenues of nearly $11 billion, is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services. Building strong, long-term relationships with our clients is the key to our success as a company.