Editorial internship FashionUnited (FT - all countries)
Are you studying to become a journalist? FashionUnited offers the perfect environment to hone your writing and journalistic skills. FashionUnited is an independent trade publication and newsroom. FashionUnited reports on all aspects of the global fashion sector which is valued at 3 trillion dollars and employs and affects millions of people worldwide. News is key at FashionUnited which means our journalists cover catwalk shows and catastrophes, any event directly or indirectly related to the fashion sector. We follow the garment from designer drawing board to textile factory, from shop floor to consumer and finally the recycle bin.
FashionUnited journalists are comfortable to switch between in depth interviews and breaking news reporting. We value traditional journalistic standards and ethics. Currently we are developing the newsroom of the future and expanding our tool kit with new features like multimedia, 360 video, podcasts and interactive storytelling.
As editorial interns at FashionUnited you will be expected to:
Write original (news) articles or features on a daily basis in your native language (we currently operate news websites in Dutch, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Portuguese and Chinese). Attend newsworthy fashion trade fairs, catwalk shows and store openings for reporting purposes. To do desk research and key interviews by phone and to actively contribute to multimedia publications as well.
The person we are looking for:
1) has a solid journalistic background be it through education or experience;
2) has an interest in b2b (financial) reporting and the fashion industry;
3) looks forward to working full time at our HQ in Amsterdam for a minimum of 3 months (longer interning periods are available).
In return we offer:
1) a ton of writing and reporting experience, editorial interns at FashionUnited are considered proper team members with plenty of room for personal initiative and to execute original story ideas;
2) an international and dynamic work environment in the denim hotspot of the world;
3) internship (financial) compensation;
4) excellent perspectives: a number of our former interns have continued working at FashionUnited after finishing their internship
FashionUnited is an independent platform which collects, creates and communicates content relevant to the industry. As fashion's most trusted global network for 20 years, it provides a competitive recruitment advantage for the world’s leading brands through storytelling and branding.