IKEA is about making things better. All the way from the factory floors to the homes of the many people. We have a passion for renewing and improving things. This is part of our DNA. But how do we know what’s better or what to improve? By unleashing the potential of data and creating insights about our markets and consumers. It is about taking quicker and better decisions with facts as a base, enabling people to focus on value adding tasks. It’s about exploiting opportunities where we have data now and exploring areas where more data can be captured and drive value and where we need to build new capabilities.
Being part of the IKEA franchisor, the IKEA Consumer & Market Insight assignment is to enable IKEA people to make well-founded decisions based on actionable and timely insight. In the Business Solution Area – Insights we connect people and business with information technology, being the link between business and IT. We are strengthening the team with a Solution Specialist – Data Visualisation for Insight Solutions to help us continuously maintain and improve our Insight Solutions.
Come join us!
About the role
As a Solution Specialist - Data Visualisation, you combine solid dashboard design and implementation skills (preferably QlikSense or a similar tool) with your expertise in user experience and usability. Your business understanding and strong analytical skills enable you to deliver the expected benefits to the business. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the quality of data based decision making across IKEA, while working with the latest technologies on a cloud-based environment in a multi-disciplinary team with architects, data scientist and engineers as well as insight specialists. You will report to the Business Solutions Area Manager for IKEA Consumer & Market Insights.
Your assignment as a Solution Specialist – Data Visualisation means that you are:
• The functional and technical expert for designing and developing the visual and interactive components of insight solutions by connecting backend solutions and turning data to into meaningful, advanced user interfaces
• Continuously maintaining and improving (DevOps) the assigned solutions by validating functionality and design, implementing, testing, documenting and communicating enhancements
• Responsible to provide efficient business support and incident resolution for the receiving stakeholders
• Provide support to projects and change requests (e.g. with their development or creating support flows) with conversion of data related business requirements into advanced visual solutions
• Responsible for training approach as well as creation, coordination and execution of the training plans and materials for efficient use of the insight products incl. communication content (e.g. release notes)
• Support the identification of new and more efficient ways of insight delivery and communication by applying digital, interactive technologies
• Work closely together with peers across Core Business Franchise, IKEA and development partners, related to the assigned Business Solutions, to strengthen and contribute to a strong and relevant IKEA franchise offer
You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role like business intelligence frontend developer or reporting specialist working in running business activities as well as in agile project environments. A university degree or equivalent education in information systems, business analytics, business information management or relevant field combined with strong application operations and support experience enables you to work in a global, fast-paced environment. Preferred experience in retail and/or market research round off your profile.
It is important that you are eager to take initiative and driven to achieve results that support our business stakeholders in their daily work. You understand to work with technology as a business tool and have the ability to listen actively, making complex situations understood, operational and simple for users. Your good communication skills enable you to build relationships with business stakeholders and translate their requirements into sustainable, productive solutions.
Moreover, you know how to explore SQL, NoSQL or graph databases with analytics and advanced visualisation methods and tools, keep existing solutions running, while making them better every day. Our continuous way of working profits from your preferable knowledge about cloud environments (e.g. Azure, Google, AWS), geospatial analytics, custom visualisation and ETL tools. You have comprehensive knowledge of digital technology and can leverage the power of data by applying your visual communication skills. Preferably you have worked with quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and technologies. In addition you have demonstrable experience in working in an agile or DevOps working set-up.
Most of all, it is important that you get excited from stepping into an environment with development opportunities. As our new Solution Specialist for Data Visualisation in the area of Insight Solutions, you will be inspired by possibilities and opportunities which digital and information technology bring to enable, transform and break new grounds. As a member of the team there will be a mix of learning new skills from current team members as well as coaching users.
Inter IKEA Systems B.V. (Core Business Franchise) is one part of Inter IKEA Group. Inter IKEA Group consists of three core businesses in total: Franchise, Range & Supply and Industry. Together, these core businesses work to secure continuous improvement, development, expansion and longevity of the IKEA Concept.
Core Business Franchise is the owner of the IKEA Concept and the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business. Here are some examples of our different assignments.
• We develop solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with IKEA customers.
• We lead the work around when and how IKEA expands in the world, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
• We create the preconditions to strengthen the IKEA Culture and develop the right competence to meet customer and business needs.
We know that an important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, Netherlands. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
Please send your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English by 19.01.2019. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at IKEA and why you would be a good fit for this role.
Werken bij IKEA Group is werken bij een leuke, inspirerende organisatie die zich razendsnel ontwikkelt. We zijn de grootste detailhandelaar van woonproducten ons team bestaat uit zo’n 5.000 enthousiaste collega’s. We ontwikkelen en pakken kansen – want als onze medewerkers groeien, groeit IKEA ook.
Waar je ook aan de slag gaat bij IKEA, je krijgt te maken met allerlei verschillende mensen, elk met hun eigen achtergrond en vaardigheden. Bij ons mag je namelijk altijd jezelf zijn!