Who are we:
The Harry Potter Global Franchise Development team is a corporate group based in both London and Burbank, charged with the management of stakeholders relating to the brand and delivery of a one-company, lifecycle marketing approach to the management of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts franchises globally.
This role is part of the Brand & Marketing arm of the team, working closely with our wider team including Comms and International Marketing as well as global divisions including Consumer Products and Home Entertainment. This person will also be a key contact within the team for other partners and stakeholders, both internal and external.
What part will you play:
- Be an ambassador for all Wizarding World related properties across divisions, territories and external agencies / personnel.
- Be a source of expertise on all Wizarding World related properties including knowledge of the related rights and brand guidelines to support and advise the Brand & Marketing Manager as well as WB divisions.
- Support the Brand & Marketing Manager in reviewing marketing, promotions and creative plans / materials across divisions and territories.
- Work closely with the Brand & Marketing Manager on the ongoing maintenance and development of the brand guidelines intranet.
- Prepare presentations and documents for status meetings, brand updates and other business as advised. This may involve liaising with other divisions and WB agencies to collate the required information / compile assets and materials for sizzle reels.
- Collate and manage various HPGFD status reports and calendars.
- Attend marketing, branding and ad hoc team meetings to assist in taking minutes, update and/or present to the team and participate in brainstorms.
- Assist in the organisation and logistical planning of HPGFD events and meetings, including room bookings, diary management and producing agendas.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the wider Franchise Development team.
- Keep track of the latest brand, media, film and technology news to create regular (and ad-hoc) industry updates for the team and identify new branding and marketing opportunities.
What do we require from you:
- Must be well organised and disciplined with the ability to prioritise workload and use time effectively.
- Detailed knowledge of the wizarding world canon (Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts) and general awareness of other entertainment brands and activities.
- Excellent (fluent) working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of using the internet for research purposes.
- Marketing, branding or Business Studies undergraduate preferred.
- Should have solid GCSE and A level results, or equivalent.
- Must be self-motivated and work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner.
- Some previous work experience in an office environment would be advantageous.
What WB can offer you:
- You will be given real responsibilities and learn how to make effective business critical decisions.
- You will get a broad overview into how a major commercial studio operates and get an in depth understanding of the workings in the department where you complete your placement.
- You will be part of our structured placement training programme which offers a number of classroom based sessions to improve business critical skills such as presentation and organisational skills.
- It will improve your employability and chances of finding a job once you graduate.
- You will be one of over 40 WB interns, meaning you will have an important support network of other placement students and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Warner Bros. Entertainment UK