Do you love design and responsive web interfaces that just feel right?
Poki is an online playground with millions of users around the world. We bring fun games to players of all ages, while helping game developers achieve success on web and mobile. Our roots are on the web, but we're expanding to bring fun to our users on all platforms. We're looking for an experienced Front-end Developer to join our Amsterdam office.
Are you interested in building the foundation that will help us grow to 100 million users and beyond? Then read on!
Do you recognize yourself in the following?
- I’m self-motivated and highly responsible – I thrive on freedom
- I enjoy working fast, in a dynamic and agile environment
- I'm always open to new ideas, perspectives, and solutions
- I’m eager to learn and love to share
- I'd love to work with a fun, informal, and diverse group of young people
Then we're looking for you!
As our Senior Front-End Web Developer, you have an excellent feel for design and are able to implement this yourself using the latest front-end web technologies. Your implementations work on all browser types and are fully responsive. You will be joining our agile development team. You'll work with our other developers, but will also closely collaborate with our Product Design and Business Intelligence teams.
- Build the front-end of the new Poki.com, allow us to grow from 30 million to 100 million monthly active users and beyond
- Develop and improve the Poki Publishing dashboard, making it the tool of choice for game developers that want to succeed with their games
Hack together rapid prototypes we design, to test out lots of cool new features with real users
Unify our codebase and separate front- and back-end with low-latency web API’s
- Build beautiful dashboards that translate data to actionable insights for our team and for game developers
- Continuously iterate and work with our product design team to improve the user experience of the Poki Platform
- Have 5+ years of professional programming experience, and a lot longer than that as a hobby
- Have extensive experience with front-end frameworks, such as React, AngularJS or Backbone.js
- Have a passion for design and outstanding UX – not just clean code (obviously, we expect you to be familiar with SASS and ES6
- Understand the quirks of modern and less up to date browsers
- Have a background working with RESTful web services
- Have a keen eye for detail and up-to-date knowledge of design trends and web technology
- Are already based in The Netherlands, preferably around Amsterdam
- Experience with Go and Node.js in a microservice environment would be cool, but we believe any good programmer can easily pick up new tools. Your skills, smarts and vision are way more important
- A dynamic professional environment with room for personal growth
- The opportunity to affect our front-end strategy with your expertise
- A chance to build your career with our fast-growing company
- A full-time contract (36-40 hours/week)
- A competitive salary
- A diverse, talented, and self-motivated team
- A flat organization with lots of personal responsibility and freedom
- State of the art equipment
- Work in a fun, friendly, and informal environment