Job Title: Assistant Financial Accountant
Reports To: As per Beazley’s organisation chart
Key Relationships: Finance team, external auditors, financial advisors and other group service providers.
Job Summary: A key role in our finance team, supporting the Group Reporting Manager in their designated area.
- Responsible for day to day bookkeeping for various group companies.
- Assist in the preparation of group consolidation, including processing of various transactions.
- Use of relevant software systems and reporting tools, e.g. Agresso, FDM, Autorek.
- Preparation of bank and other key monthly balance sheet reconciliations (including intercompany and investment reconciliations).
- Assisting in the year end and interim reporting process for the Group (UK listed company).
- Assist in preparation of subsidiary statutory financial statements.
- Ad hoc process improvements and project work.
- Liaison with auditors and/or 3rd parties where applicable to resolve queries.
- Keep up to date on changes to or implementation of accounting standards and other reporting requirements.
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contribute to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
Education and Qualifications
- Part qualified in recognised accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc)
- University degree in any discipline preferred but not essential
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise essential
- Strong business writing skills
- Computer skills – Excel/MS Word/MS Office
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Sound understanding of double entry bookkeeping and basic accounting skills essential
- Experience of internal control implementation and documentation
- Knowledge of insurance company accounting and Lloyd’s accounting is preferred but not essential.
Aptitude and Disposition
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn from other members of the team
- Professional approach to successfully interact with senior management/colleagues/external suppliers
- Team work
- Technical competence and expertise
- Analytical thinking/information seeking
- Speed and quality