Baringa Partners is a fast growing independent business and technology consultancy. We help businesses run more effectively, reach new markets and navigate industry shifts. We use our industry insights, pragmatism and original thought to help each client improve their business. We are based in London, but have offices in Germany, New York and UAE, supporting over 500 consultants working around the globe.
We are looking for an individual to join our fantastic Human Resources team as a HR Assistant on a 15 month fixed-term contract. With the support of the team, you will be developing and applying a variety of HR skills in a supportive environment committed to help you continue your career in HR. You will provide value and support to the HR Team and the wider business. This is a great role for someone looking to get into HR for the first time, or someone already in a similar role who is looking to join an exciting, growing and supportive organisation.
What will you be doing?
- Act as a first point of contact, providing a basic HR advisory service to managers and employees
- Maintain and update our HR systems and employee files (both hard copy and electronic)
- Support and/or manage many of our key HR processes, including joiners, internal moves/changes/ and leavers
- Assist/lead in coordinating the Day 1 induction for new joiners and deliver the HR section of the induction when required
- Provide support to HR colleagues during performance, promotion and salary review processes
- Administration of employee changes & checks (e.g. personal details, bank details, reference requests, background checks)
- Provide administrative support to HR colleagues managing visa processes for new joiners and employees
- Manage the end of year annual leave reconciliation process
- Assist with preparation of monthly HR reports, ad-hoc reports, Request For Proposal (RFP’s) and tender requests
- Other ad hoc projects/duties as reasonably requested to support the HR team
What’s in it for both of us?
What we’re looking for
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent as a minimum
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (especially Excel but also Word & PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of HR/ employment law desirable
- HR systems interest and experience
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Appreciates the need to maintain confidentiality and be discreet
- The ability to think beyond the day to day, and see how our processes can change to be even better – we are all about growth and improvement
- Previous HR administration experience, ideally gained in a professional services environment
- Strong level of integrity whilst displaying a level of passion, enthusiasm and commitment to your role - prepared to go the extra mile
What's in it for you?
Well, it’s up to you. Baringa is what you make it.
- We invest in you, to ensure you remain the best in the business, through formal training, coaching and mentoring
- You can talk to anyone in the business. There are no barriers and everyone is accessible, from our Analysts to our Partners
- We know one size doesn’t fit all and go to great lengths to ensure that people are treated as individuals. We aim to provide the level of support that will meet your personal needs
- We believe we are a great place to work – but it’s not just us that says that. We have won a spot in the top places to work by the Great Place to Work Institute for the last ten years
What’s in it for Baringa?
We are always excited to have another great person on board to:
- Grow our operational capabilities to better support Baringa’s future needs and growth, and deliver the user focused support which we are known for
- Have a new colleague who brings their own views and perspective based on their experience to date
See another friendly face in the office, and another person to join our fantastic company events!