Risk - In this business-critical function, you'll be working alongside our specialist Risk Managers to oversee that the risks taken through Investment Management and lending activities are appropriate and in line with the Group's risk appetite, and that, where appropriate, actions are taken to mitigate risk.
Some day to day tasks may include:
• Working with Investment Risk managers to oversee the risk taken by Fund Managers in the portfolios they manage.
• Working with Credit Risk Managers to analyse the counterparties that Schroders transacts with.
• Working with Operational Risk managers to ensure that we learn from any mistakes made.
You will work closely with other teams across the Group, particularly those in investment functions and those in governance functions, such as Compliance, Group Internal Audit and Group Legal.
Compliance – Our role is to help manage Schroders' relationship with regulators (e.g. the FCA & PRA), advise colleagues on regulatory requirements and monitor our compliance with regulations. It's a global function that helps oversee policy and practice to help manage Schroders regulatory and reputational risks.
Some day to day task may include:
• Analysing and communicating the impact of new regulation on Schroders
• Helping to monitor that our businesses are operating in a compliant way either by looking at themes or by specific processes (such as trade surveillance)
• Supporting projects inside and outside of the department
Our 2020 Summer Internship Programme starts on Monday 22 June 2020 and runs for 8 weeks ending on Friday 14 August 2020. This Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how the Risk and Compliance department operates within it. You'll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business
We're looking for analytical and entrepreneurial students to join our 2020 Risk & Compliance Internship Programme.
Upholding high standards of conduct and protecting our clients' interests are fundamental to our business. Good governance and risk management are essential, especially when we place great value on our reputation in a world of heightened regulatory and political change.
What you'll be like
• Innovative and analytical – you're able to think outside the box and bring a fresh perspective
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Willing to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
• Passionate about financial markets and understanding global trends and changing regulations
• You have a genuine interest in building a long term career in Risk & Compliance
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
• Predicted a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we're not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
• 128 UCAS Points at A-Level or equivalent (320 UCAS Points using the old Tariff Calculator)
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.