Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing
Structuring and execution of large cap non-investment grade transactions for both private equity and corporate clients as well as event-driven investment grade transactions for major corporate clients.
Main purpose of the role
Assist senior team members with the delivery of private equity as well as corporate (investment grade and non-investment grade) coverage and execution model in strategic sectors to MUFG. Responsible for providing support across the Strategic and Leveraged Finance structuring teams with the execution of transactions.
- Conduct industry and company analysis (including M&A) as directed to support the strategic objectives of the Strategic and Leveraged Finance team.
- Develop relevant analysis including financial models, sensitivity scenarios, the impact of potential reorganisations / disposals / IPO / synergies, key ratio (including where appropriate credit rating agencies’) analysis, and make informed judgements on the available liquidity to inform decision making at senior levels.
- Support the preparation and presentation of (i) the necessary client marketing and financing advisory materials (presentations, pitch books etc.) and (ii) the supporting internal approval documents, in coordination with other deal team members.
- Support all aspects of deal execution as may be required during the development of a mandate.
- Work collaboratively across the wider Strategic and Leveraged Finance team to support the various transactions as and when the need arises.
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Build relationships at the appropriate business levels to create and maintain trust with partner banks on transactions.
- Support the Relationship Managers to maintain a meaningful level of dialogue with corporate clients post the completion of a transaction to maximise MUFG’s opportunities to win future business.
- Conduct initial compliance checks in line with internal and external processes and procedure
- Experience in all aspects of modelling (M&A, LBO and ratings) is essential
- Experience working within a banking/advisory or transactional environment
- Familiar with credit risk – some experience in credit analyst role is advantageous
Skills and experience
- Detailed understanding and practical experience of cash flow modelling
- Understanding of the fundamentals of deal structuring
- Knowledge of either leveraged or investment grade legal documentation
- Sound credit skills at an intermediate level
- Proven ability to effectively manage tight deadlines and different stakeholders
- Clear communication skills both written and oral
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable negotiation skills with internal partners and external clients
- Degree level education or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- The ability to operate with urgency, manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured, proactive, motivated and logical approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint