As a Commercial Intern you will support experienced Analytics Consultants and work for FMCG manufacturers or retailers.
• Assist Analytics Consultants in preparing analysis and presentations for well-known brands in supermarkets, drug, petrol and liquor stores. Examples of analysis are category and brand reviews about the performance of brands or retailers in terms of sales and market share. In addition we explain the “why”: are sales up or down due to a company’s assortment, price, or promotion strategy?
• Support our Client Service Online team with set up and maintenance of client reports in which we track our clients’ performance (e.g. sales, market share, promotional pressure, price level, etc.)
• Be part of specific analytical team projects.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
A great candidate has:
• A relevant degree level qualification, such as Business Economics/Administration, Marketing Management/Analytics/Intelligence or similar
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Genuine interest in the marketing of food, homecare and personal care products
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and PowerPoint
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficiency in English, both verbal and written. Proficiency in Dutch is an advantage.
• Full-time availability for a period of 6 months
It's a plus if you have the knowlege of Excel Pivot Tables and Power BI (Power Pivot/Power Query)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We offer an internship where you will be fully integrated into our day-to-day work. We will provide you with a valuable first working experience, allowing you to learn how companies work with market information and in particular how brands and categories are analyzed. Having experience with Nielsen data is a perfect start if you are pursuing a career in brand, sales, (trade) marketing, category management or in market research.
Benefits to you:
• Training & development: After your onboarding, you will follow an extensive training program. This includes training on Nielsen analytic software (NITRO, Answers Desktop) and Nielsen methodology, the Dutch retail landscape, briefing management, creating and giving presentations and advanced Excel skills.
• Variety: working with many different brands or retailers.
• Culture: flat, international, open and informal organization. Our Nielsen Values are to be Open, Connected, Personal and Useful. Our people are our greatest asset, and we look for like-minded, positive, and awesome people to join our team. We offer fresh fruit, massages, yoga and team drinks onsite, and you’ll also find us regularly challenging each other at our foosball table. We like to work hard, play hard, and bring the best of ourselves to our colleagues and our work every day.,
• Job opportunities: at Nielsen interns regularly move to permanent roles.
• Fee: a market-conform internship fee.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only...