Centrica Energy Marketing & Trading (EM&T) is the trading arm of Centrica. We trade gas, power and LNG and provide the route to market for our upstream and power generation operations.
We provide our clients with the best route-to-market services available to the market today, integrating sophisticated software, trading and structuring and optimizing exposures all the way from long term risk management down to physical trading seconds before delivery. In EM&T we have a diversified portfolio of energy assets under management, and we represent the new generation of energy traders, leading our customers to value on low-carbon, digital energy markets across the World. Around 600 people work for EM&T in our offices in London, Denmark, Germany, Sweden and Singapore.
As a Product Controller you will be responsible for generation of daily and monthly P&L for the Aalborg trading business. You will also be responsible for Month End reconciliation between the reported and financial PNL. You will have daily interaction with trading as well as other control and support functions across the business.
In the role of Product Controller responsibilities will include:
- Product Control analysis for Proprietary & Structured Trading Books within EM&T
- BAU Activity related to Line Control and IPV responsibilities
- Daily P&L, Position and Risk reporting
- Daily IPV and EOD reporting, including involvement in reserve methodologies
- Reconciliation of P&L to the GL
- Assist in the build out of the Product Control Target Operating Model (TOM)
- Ownership of Trading book P&L up to Gross Margin including reconciliation up to GL
- Pro-active problem solving and liaising with appropriate groups to ensure smooth day to day operation of the team
- Cover for other members across the P&L team
- Ad-hoc analysis and query investigation.
- Numerate based degree preferable
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent) is desirable or working towards
- Some Product Control experience with a working knowledge of commodities products (Swing Contracts, Options, Futures etc.)
- Knowledge of Physical Gas and Power
- Knowledge of Nordic Markets in particular would be advantageous
- A strong understanding of trade Valuations & Risk factors (Delta, Vega, Gamma etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Excel with strong macro (VBA) knowledge
- Strong Communicator & sense of accountability and ownership of deliverables
- Ability to work under pressure to meet reporting deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Working on own initiative
- Problem solving
- Strong analytical skills.