1 Million! The number of inpatient bed-days in the NHS that heart-failure accounts for every year. Heart-failure accounts for 5% of all hospital admissions in people over the age of 65.
How would you like to be involved in working with a product that has the potential to improve thousands of lives each year?
The Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolic Franchise is now looking for a highly energised and passionate individual to join their sales team as a Key Account Manager, and help continue in our mission to reimagine medicine.
This role will work on territory covering Grampian, Tayside and Lothian, encompassing Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Executes account plans for assigned product lines/brands, customers or therapeutic area; uncovers and develops new business opportunities.
• Develops and applies understanding of customer organizations and networks and of diverse influences that affect customer decisions (e.g. peer relationships)
• Develops business/clinical networks supporting Medical advocacy and key opinion leader plans, including medical experts from customer or academic communities.
• Adapts and optimizes approach and communications style during sales calls, responding appropriately to customer needs Makes effective use of available technologies and channels to support sales calls.
• Ensures that Novartis products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers.
• Deploys and uses Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; coordinates direct promotion programs and facilitates pull-through activities. Presents highly technical portfolios to customer audiences.
• Develops deep specialist product and disease state knowledge in a specific therapeutic area and leverages this to build professional customer relationships and support sound clinical discussions.
• Uses detailed knowledge of competitor products’ features and benefits during sales calls to improve sales of Novartis products.
• Allocates resources effectively for sampling, programs, and events, etc. Integrates customer-facing activities in cross-functional teams (e.g. Medical Affairs, Market Access) to achieve sales targets.
• Provides Novartis stakeholders and other colleagues with insight and feedback gained from customer interactions.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Proven experience in pharmaceutical industry.
• Pharma field-sales experience within Secondary Care/Hospitals is essential.
• Commercial acumen and awareness.
• Educated to Degree Level ideally in Business, Science or Marketing.
• Experience in Cardiology
Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible