Destination Executive Overview
Working within a dedicated team of destination and regional managers, the role of the Destination Executive is to provide key destination-focused support to the business. You will work closely with your managers by supporting contracting, providing market and portfolio analysis, supporting the trading performance of the destinations, monitoring competitor activity and working with the sales, marketing and commercial teams to ensure the effective planning and bringing to market of inspiring product. The role plays an important part in supporting the procurement strategy by providing insight that feeds into product and partner reviews for future development planning. This position also assists in the curation of a destination product range that will engage customers and drive passenger volumes to meet our strategic targets.
- Maintain up to date contract logs at all times.
- Schedule monthly reviews of the contract log with your relevant managers.
- Ensure all contract documentation is to company standards with signed Terms and Conditions, SLA’s, Health and Safety requirements and GDPR compliance applicable to the relevant contract period.
- Assist in the negotiations of new and existing contracts including where applicable ground arrangements, direct hotels, experiences and ancillaries.
- Assist in negotiating market leading rates, favourable allocations, tactical offers, added value, and financial contributions.
- Ensure speed to market in prioritising and inputting contractual agreements on the Tetra system as well as managing the ongoing maintenance thereof.
- Ensure the communication and accurate loading of all special offers on Tetra with ongoing maintenance.
- Under the guidance of your manager, perform tasks that ensure Travelopia’s compliance with the Travelopia Customer Health & Safety Policy.
- Maintain, where applicable, an accurate awareness of allocations and request additional allocation from suppliers when necessary.
Product Development, Marketing and Promotion
- Develop a detailed knowledge and understanding of the destinations for which you are responsible.
- Explore every opportunity to grow sales and margin across the Tailormade brands.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with key partners, suppliers and tourism boards.
- Assist in developing content for the strategic destination plans.
- Maintain up to date analysis of competitor activity, product, brochures and digital marketing.
- Prioritise special offers worth promoting and manage the path to market with all departments.
- Support and co-ordinate the introduction of new destinations and products and ensure speed to market.
- Take ownership and accountability for the maintenance of accurate product content that underlines both the internal knowledge systems as well as the external marketing channels.
- Arrange, deliver and share regular product knowledge training with all relevant departments.
- Support the co-ordination of educational itineraries and travel arrangements.
- Work across the departments in all Tailormade brands with a high degree of flexibility and internal customer service.
- Act as the key point of contact for operational departments in resolving issues as well as supporting business as usual.
- Assist with booking appointments and co-ordinating travel arrangements for Destination Managers
What we are looking for
- You will be dedicated, self motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Ready to take on new challenges and embracing of change.
- You will have a keen interest and passion for travel and a willingness to travel for work.
- You will work well in a team and enjoy collaborating with others in working towards common goals
- You are professional in your relationships with suppliers, mindful of commercial objectives and the integrity of good business deals.
- Your initiative to work independently with an aptitude for time management will demonstrate your motivation to get things done.
- Your attention to detail will deliver high standards of spelling, grammar, numeracy and analytics.
- You will have a good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and are motivated by stretching targets.
- You are keen to understand the bigger picture and work towards common goals.
What Tailormade will offer you
- A vibrant working environment.
- Opportunities to develop and progress in your career.
- The chance to travel to worldwide destinations as part of your work.
- A competitive salary and a pension scheme.
- Additional benefits like childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans.
- 28 days holiday and the opportunity to purchase up to 5 additional days.