Unilever is one of the largest global fast moving consumer goods company and manufactures some of the world’s best-known brands, such as Dove, Robijn, Lipton and Unox. You will have the opportunity to work across fantastic categories and on some of the world’s most loved brands. Do you have an analytical mindset? Business brain? Aspirations to become a CFO? A career in Financial Management could be right for you. At Unilever, Financial Management is about so much more than numbers. It’s the lifeblood of our business – touching every area, informing multi-million euro decisions, and directly influencing the development, growth and health of our brands.
What do we look for?
It might come as a surprise, but we don’t have a specific discipline requirement, so you don’t have to have a background in finance or economics. We’re looking for strong analytical skills, ambition, a talent for influencing people and a real desire to understand how a business operates and succeeds. Enthusiasm and commitment go a long way. We’re looking for our future Financial Management leaders and the limitless opportunities at Unilever creates fully engaging innovative entrepreneurship.
For the Unilever Future Leaders Programme for Finance at least an intermediate level of speaking and understanding the Dutch language is appreciated but not required.
What will the programme involve?
The programme is designed to accelerate you into a manager in 3 years (if your performance is up to our high standards). You’ll develop your individual leadership skills by working on projects which offer you the experience you need to be ready for your first management role. Over three years, you’ll take on two or more stretching rotations across our businesses. You’ll gain experience both in financial and management accounting and you’ll be business facing, communicating with key contacts within the brand teams.
- In the end, we sell our products to consumers every day. That is why every UFLP will start their career joining our Field Force team for two months, to learn all about our consumers and customers. Both in retail (Supermarkets) as in Food Solutions (Chefs in Restaurants) and in Out of Home (all other outlets like gas stations & themeparks). It’s a great opportunity to really get to know the other “Future Leaders”.
- The scheme gives you a broad array of rotations: you will get international experience (even though it might be in the Netherlands) because many of our global and European Finance teams are based in Rotterdam! We have Finance UFLP positions in R&D Finance, Global Marketing Finance, European Controlling, Finance Excellence, Local Finance teams, and many more! We make sure to differentiate between the spots, so that you’ll get a broad array of experiences.
- You’ll be trusted advisors right across the business and you’ll be in the thick of influencing strategy and investment decisions from day one. You will be making decisions that directly determine the future of our brands, the way we work with our customers and how we run our supply chain. Our people have the opportunity to make a big impact every day.
- Support and empowerment: We'll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you. You'll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- During the three years of your programme you will be learning and developing in the rotations you will be doing, having real responsibility and impact. This development is supported with a learning roadmap full of internal and external training focused on developing your individual leadership skills.
- We have an established tradition of developing our own purpose driven leaders and encourage innovative thinking. Future focused feedback and challenging goals drives innovation and ambition within a performance culture and an inclusive and informal environment. We will push you to achieve your potential and make a big business impact where you learn from the best. Firsthand experience – it’s the fastest way to learn.
Why should you apply?
- Exciting brands: 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. That means you'll be working with a strong portfolio of brands which will give you a chance to make a genuine impact on people's lives.
- A real job from day one: Real roles with real responsibilities that provide you with fantastic insight on the organization, and require you to continuously test and develop your skills.
- Local & international: Reaching more than 190 countries, Unilever is a successful and respected business. We focus on the needs of local consumers by harnessing global expertise and team work. For you, that means exceptional exposure and experience.
- See the big picture: You'll quickly begin to see how the functions operate closely together. To help you better understand that interaction, you'll often work as part of cross-functional teams.
- Great development opportunities: We'll support you every step of the way, with hands on experience which includes functional and cross functional rotations. You’ll also have access to a World class learning programme.
Online Application >> Profile Assessment >> Digital Interview >> Discovery Center Day >> Job Offer.
Requirements for application
- Please note we only consider applications from EU based residents due to VISA restrictions. In order to enter the UFLP you will need to have a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
- Additionally, note you will only be able to apply for a UFLP position once every 12 months.
- In order to be eligible to apply for the UFLP in the Netherlands, you must have attained a minimum of a Master’s degree on the date you will start your UFLP at Unilever (starting date to be 1st of March 2020).
- For Finance an intermediate level of knowledge of Dutch language is preferred, but not required.
- Please note that we only consider your application when you applied in our system and that we work first come, first serve. So complete the first rounds as soon as possible.
- In the application form there is a possibility to upload your CV. This will only be used for filling your personal details, and is not part of the selection process.