Unilever is one of the largest global fast moving consumer goods company and manufactures some of the world’s best-known brands, such as Dove, Robijn, Lipton and Unox. You will have the opportunity to work across fantastic categories and on some of the world’s most loved brands, manage essential elements of the marketing mix and enroll in our world-class marketing academy. Our commercial teams bring great products to life in the eyes of consumers. Building our brands means building and maintaining consumer relationships that last for generations.
What do we look for?
Creative flair and consumer love will see you go far, but marketing is commercially focused and demands strong business skills to actually make things happen. It takes a deep sense of logic, ambition, organisational skills and an understanding of how business operates, you might say you are the product owner of your brand in your country, working with many multi-disciplinary teams to keep your brand relevant. Great marketeers have passion and see that marketing is all about creating the best products for our consumers, which improve lives of our consumers.
We are looking for diverse and innovative thinkers. It takes a special blend of people skills and commercial acumen; you'll need to be creative and analytical, credible and confident as well as having a passion for growth, coupled with the power to influence and negotiate.
What will the programme involve?
The programme is designed to accelerate you into a manager in 3 years (if your performance is up to our high standards). You’ll develop your individual leadership skills by working on projects which offer you the experience you need to be ready for your first management role. Over three years you’ll cover up to four rotations.
- The UFLP Marketing programme is part of our Commercial traineeship. In this traineeship a combination will be made in Marketing and Customer Development (Sales), and throughout the programme you will be working on both functions in your rotations.
- In the end, we sell our products to consumers every day. That is why every UFLP will start their career joining our Field Force team for two months, to learn all about our consumers and customers. Both in retail (Supermarkets) as in Food Solutions (Chefs in Restaurants) and in Out of Home (all other outlets like gas stations & themeparks). It’s a great opportunity to really get to know the other “Future Leaders”.
- Career possibilities: During your marketing rotations you will get exposure to several brands and categories, work on creating new products and innovations, shopfloor activations, events, digital campaigns and much more, all to develop and build your brand.
- To provide you with the best possible exposure to the broad scope of our business, you will have the opportunity to do one of your rotations in Customer Development.
- You may also get the chance to work with our brand development teams on strategy, for our global brands at global or regional level.
- Support and empowerment: We'll support you every step of the way to senior management but much of your progress will be up to you. You'll need to be focused and ambitious to get where you want, identifying opportunities and taking responsibility for your own development.
- During the three years of your programme you will be learning and developing in the rotations you will be doing, having real responsibility and impact. This development is supported with a learning roadmap full of internal and external training focused on developing your leadership- and marketing skills.
- We have an established tradition of developing our own purpose driven leaders and encourage innovative thinking. Future focused feedback and challenging goals drives innovation and ambition within a performance culture and an inclusive and informal environment. We will push you to achieve your potential and make a big business impact where you learn from the best. Firsthand experience – it’s the fastest way to learn.
Why should you apply?
- Exciting brands: 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. That means you'll be working with a strong portfolio of brands which will give you a chance to make a genuine impact on people's lives.
- A real job from day one: Real roles with real responsibilities that provide you with fantastic insight on the organization, and require you to continuously test and develop your skills.
- Local & international: Reaching more than 190 countries, Unilever is a successful and respected business. We focus on the needs of local consumers by harnessing global expertise and team work. For you, that means exceptional exposure and experience.
- See the big picture: You'll quickly begin to see how the functions operate closely together. To help you better understand that interaction, you'll often work as part of cross-functional teams.
- Great development opportunities: We'll support you every step of the way, with hands on experience which includes functional and cross functional rotations. You’ll also have access to World class learning programme.
Online Application >> Profile Assessment >> Digital Interview >> Discovery Center Day >> Job Offer.
In the final stage of the application process, our Discovery Day, you will be working on cases on both Marketing and Customer Development. During this day you will meet senior leaders from both the Marketing and Customer Development functions.
Requirements for application:
- Please note we only consider applications from EU based residents due to VISA restrictions. In order to enter the UFLP you will need to have a valid working permit for the Netherlands.
- Additionally, note you will only be able to apply for a UFLP position once every 12 months.
- In order to be eligible to apply for the UFLP in the Netherlands, you must have attained a minimum of a Master’s degree on the date you will start your UFLP at Unilever (starting date to be 1st of March 2020).
- For Marketing an intermediate level of knowledge of Dutch language is preferred, but not required.
- Please note that we only consider your application when you applied in our system and that we work first come, first serve. So complete the first rounds as soon as possible.
- In the application form there is a possibility to upload your CV. This will only be used for filling your personal details, and is not part of the selection process.