J.P. Morgan Fund Services provides services including fund accounting, fund administration, Investment Operations, and Transfer Agency to mutual and pension funds. Edinburgh Operations is a department within the EMEA Fund Services Operations
This is an Associate position based in Edinburgh. The Operations team provides services across Fund Accounting and Investment Accounting Funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Fund types range from, but not limited to Unit Trusts, OEICS, Multi Manager, SICAVs, Life & Pension Funds.
Key Responsibilities of Fund Accounting Analyst Associate Role
- Be a primary point of contact for operational activity across all Fund Ranges administered in Edinburgh, working as a trusted client partner and advocate, ensuring strong strategic alignment and open communication
- Manage a team of professionals who work within Edinburgh Operations
- Proactive management of key queries relating to event capturing, processing and reconciliation.
- Manage Teams workload to ensure individual, team and departmental deadlines and objectives are met.
- Manage relationship and open communication between JPM Utility Hubs and external counterparties, within prescribed timeframes.
- Ensure all daily functions are completed to meet the agreed service levels
- Manage group email boxes and internal enquiry management tools to ensure queries are resolved and responded to within a timeframe and manner sensitive to the urgency of the event, and in accordance with prescribed service levels.
- Take full responsibility for adherence to all departmental procedures, policies, checkpoints and controls
- Provide support, guidance and training to other team members when required.
- Identify process inefficiencies and manage change through operational process improvements
- Provide effective team communication, in partnership with Team Managers, through Fast Meetings, regular 1:1’s and team meetings.
- Identify any process and/or procedural changes required as a result of changes to client SLA’s, markets, daily operations or business functions.
- Support Senior Management with appropriate escalation of all issues, service updates and progress updates for clients.
- Be an active participant on key initiatives driven by the Edinburgh Operations Management Team
Key Responsibilities of Edinburgh Operations Team
- Ensure timely, detailed and accurate processing across fund ranges.
- Ensure full execution of morning and afternoon, intra and end of day controls and checks.
- Build effective relationships with internal Utility Hubs to ensure client SLA’s are met
- Proactively partner with Utility Hubs to share ideas, tools and techniques to improve service levels and processes.
- Create an environment that fosters and supports thought leadership, innovation and creative problem solving
- Use creative thinking strategies, techniques and tools to develop new ideas
- Ensure we remain adaptable and responsive to the changing regulatory landscape
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Approaches change with a positive attitude
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Investigate opportunities for self-development and improving knowledge of the business in order to improve skills and deliver maximum service levels.
- Able to work effectively across cultures and take advantage of time zones to deliver more effectively to the client
- Solid experience in Operations or Client Service Management
- Evidence of organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage change with conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate experience of multi-tasking and effective time management with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to drive Team forward with support from Management Team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of the control infrastructure within Fund Accounting
- Comfortable working across all levels of the organization and bringing teams together to achieve results