About the Job
As an Installation Engineer you will provide technical work preparation services for studies, tenders, commercial projects and internal business development products. You will be assigned to one of the Business Units: Transport & Installation, Decommissioning, Wind, or placed within our Strategy and Development department.
As an Installation Engineer, your daily activities include:
• Develop offshore execution methods for offshore projects, nomination of required equipment, concept and detail design of lifting arrangements etc.;
• Perform engineering, technical project preparation and execution support of offshore projects, i.e. heavy lift installation and removal projects;
• Review and organize review of internal and external deliverables (drawings, reports and procedures);
• Prepare subcontract Scopes of Work, reports and installation manual input.
You are a team player who organizes and plans the work and the involvement of others effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. You are creative and come up with original solutions for job related problems. You have an awareness of the various aspects of the work, which will have a direct impact on the managers and decision makers within the organisation. Furthermore, you will have:
• A Bachelor and/or Master degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
• A good understanding of offshore installation engineering methods and practices;
• Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
• Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
• A willingness and enthusiasm to share your knowledge with less experienced junior engineers;
• The ambition to work (temporarily) at yards, offshore on our vessels or in our other offices.
• Organizational sensitivity;
• Quality orientation;
• Taking ownership
What we offer
Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) brings more than 50 years of specialized skills to the offshore oil and gas industry. Oil and gas companies rely on HMC for full offshore field development in the toughest of environments in all the seas of the world. We build long-term client relationships by solving what looks like impossible challenges and by delivering on our promises. Innovation and ingenuity are key to our success.
About me -
My passions are sailing, surfing and technology. So it’s not that surprising that I ended up at Heerema after taking a degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a focus upon offshore engineering. I’m now a quality assurance, safety, health and environment (QA/SHE) engineer. My tasks include...
About me -
At the age of twelve I was sent to a boarding school in Harlingen, Friesland, to train for a career in inland shipping. That was a four-year course and at the end of it, when I was sixteen, I chose to spend another four years...