Overall Job Summary
The PPM organise and manage the client’s artwork through the print production process to improve cycle time, quality, and economics. Effectively utilises and supports the client’s print quality program, providing print solutions that are technically feasible and innovative, whilst working within the parameters of their print supply base. Acts as key contact to ensure effective communication among various supply chain partners including printers, design studios and internal clients.
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Full-Time / Part-Time: Full-time
Business Segment: Brand Solutions
- Serves as the main day-to-day contact on current projects for clients, suppliers, external partners, and client growth teams; provides timely responses to all inquires (e.g. within one (1) business day).
- Attends client meetings as needed; works collaboratively with the client’s project managers and artwork coordinators on activities to meet timings based on overall project schedule.
- Ensures consumer experience is optomised on all packaging reproduced by the artwork agency.
- Operational Excellence
- Proactively leads option analysis and works with printers to reduce risk of printing issues with new designs.
- Effectively utilizes and supports the client’s print quality program, artwork process and color simplification strategies.
- Acts as key link to color separator to enable timely delivery of accurate artwork color separations and print tools if a 3rd party separator is used.
- Conducts print feasibility assessment to establish the printer’s capability to meet the design intent.
- Confirms print feasibility assessment via post press analysis of first production run.
- Recommends options to reduce rework and costs associated with the client’s pre-press / print supply chains.
- Leads resolution of technical issues with designs between design studio and printer(s).
- Provides print solutions that are technically feasible, affordable and in-line with color simplification strategies
- Provides innovative, most up-to-date print technology ideas to design community to consider during design process.
- Ensures alignment on how print quality measurement graphics (tone wedges, gray scales, etc.) will be defined in an artwork to effect minimal impact on consumers, while still providing capability and/or outlining risks of not including graphic control elements.
- Recommends what type of proofing and/or pre-press testing will be required for the initial phase of color development.
- Manages print trial process from receipt of design file to final alignement of colour separations and technical set up at the printer.
- Ensures that the design target proof and the master image files are shared with the supply chain if needed for implementation in another region.
- Manages post-production issues with Print Quality Managers, printers and Marketing.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
- Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
- Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
- Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the Company’s Strategic Imperatives.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
- Assists in the development of new and/or improved methodologies to further our strategic tool kit and/or sell new services to clients.
- Supports Company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely coordination of the assigned project activities.
- May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Secondary School Diploma (e.g. High School) or General Education Degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job.
- College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) in Business Administration, Marketing, or Graphic Design or other related fields preferred.
- Demonstrated relevant printing industry experience and/or pre-media services.
Skills & Abilities
- Good knowledge of Schawk’s products, solutions and services a plus.
- Good understanding of the market and business environment that affects the assigned
- Good understanding of effective Pre-media and Print Production processes, roles, tools
- (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends.
- Good understanding of Pre-press, Print production, and/or Graphic Design techniques and
- Good people, organizational, and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient Computer Software (SW) Skills:
- Apple Mac equipment and operating systems
- Overall Business SW (e.g. MS-Office Suite)
- Specific Functional SW (e.g. Abode Design Suite, Acrobat plus, Project Management
- Software; Agile; or others; etc.)
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled