Overall Job Summary
The Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for checking all artwork for copy, design and technical errors, correcting and rewriting copy, general admin duties.
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Full-Time / Part-Time: Full-time
Business Segment: Brand Solutions
- To complete the QA training and pass the end of training assessment. Understand all of the checks described in the QA Manual and keep up to date with on-going process changes. To complete further training where required.
- Checking digital files accurately in accordance to the material covered in the QA Manual this includes content, colour and printability:
- Proof reading data and correcting where relevant.
- Ensuring files conform to the client’s corporate guidelines (style).
- Checking images and graphics match the client’s brief for colour.
- Checking that files meet the printer’s specification for technical set up (for example size of copy, thickness of lines and barcode sizing).
- To be proficient in all relevant software provided – Acrobat and Automation Engine. To utilise Encore and any other required systems correctly.
- To be fully up to date with all master guidelines relevant to the client you are assigned to and have a working knowledge of other clients.
- To communicate to all departments effectively.
- To have good brand awareness, actively support the artwork department in achieving throughout the range and to follow the hero process.
- To meet all required deadlines for your assigned client in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- To actively participate in the pod or team you are part of, improving communication and working towards a ‘right first time’ approach.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent English skills, an English qualification (A Level or degree) is an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent IT skills.
- You will need to be adaptable and able to work independently.
- Excellent communication, decision making and team skills
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled