Overall Job Summary
The Sr Associate – Print Services evaluates and provides on-site press approval for basic to intermediate printed work. This position provides color management processes and guidance as it relates to color targets, color measurement, and color reporting as per client’s/printer technical specifications.
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Full-Time / Part-Time: Full-time
Business Segment: Brand Solutions
- Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of high quality basic to intermediate level printed print work, working closely with production teams, and effectively using industry standard software, tools, and print techniques.
- Performs assigned tasks within the overall Production Print Services workflow and assigned budget according to work order specifications, industry and company standard operating procedures, and the client’s brand guidelines and standards.
- Attends client meetings (press runs, pre-production) as needed to identify any potential production issues and make recommendations to resolve issues.
- Attends and manages Press Characterizations with printers and provides timely feedback and reports to printers and clients as required.
- Conducts print runs and print output audits as required following company-wide auditing criteria and policy.
- Works closely with Production/Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) to review, recommend, test, set up, implement, and maintain hardware and software for print services.
- Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to management for improvements in reports, tools, processes and assigned tasks.
- Trains internal and external personnel on print services technology as needed.
- Coordinates and prioritizes the work of other employees performing similar duties.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Associate degree in within appropriate discipline such as Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Arts, Interior Design or related field
- Pre-press, graphic arts, or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Good understanding of effective Print, Photo Studio, and/or Digital production, processes, roles, tools (digital and conventional) and workflow practices and trends.
- Proficient in Pre-press and Print techniques and processes such as Flexo, Litho, Gravure, Color separation pertaining to specific printers, trapping, bleeding, stepping, color rotation, file resolution, and Raster Image Processing.
- Proficient to expert in printing and plate technology.
- Proficient using Spectrophotometer and other similar devices.
- Ability to interpret concept and/or brand guidelines through to artwork execution (e.g. digital, photographic, etc.).
- Proficient in pre-media and/or creative services and solutions.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Proficient with Apple Mac equipment and operating systems.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled